p h o t o g r a p h e r

It all started with your fascination with clothes. Although you didn't have the money to buy it, there are thousands of fashion catalogs in your room for you to stare at and admire. Your mother is a designer and likes to dress you up to make you happy. Although her brand isn't all that popular, it is still quite well-known for its unique designs. 

Your love for clothes didn't last long though after you discovered the world of fashion runways. Instead of focusing on the clothes, your eyes couldn't help but fall in love with the fierce looks and the way the models walk with so much confidence. 

And so you decided to enroll in a modeling school at the age of six. And boy did reality hit you hard in the face. Weekly weight monitors, strict diets, constant exercises, all of it combined with harsh training, it was hell on earth. But you still persevered till the end and soon graduated. 

At first, you became a model for your mother's brand. People soon began to notice you and support you. Though the numbers are not many, it still made your heart filled with joy seeing the positive comments from people. 

You also tried to expand your connections by taking modeling jobs here and there but you never got far since no one you knew had connections with big brands. When you thought your modeling career would stop here, you soon saw a post about your country's next top model contest and it said that they are searching for new models to join. 

You looked at the requirements and when you confirm that you fit with all of it, you submitted your application. After a week of waiting, you got an email saying you are accepted and they also included a plane ticket. You told your mother of the good news and she congratulated you and had a small party to celebrate it. 

After the feast, you quickly packed your things, and the next thing you knew, you're on the plane heading towards the place where the contest takes place. From what you heard, contests like this have a big chance of being scripted, especially with all the dramas that usually happen. You didn't want to taint your already non-existent image so you hoped that the director won't choose you as the antagonist of the show. 

When you arrived, you were led to a waiting room where you meet with the other contestants, all of which are very nice to you. They were talking about the judges of the show. You listened quietly as they chatter around and share bits of information about the three judges.

The main judge is a world-known supermodel whose name could be considered as a legend in the modeling industry. She rose to the top in just a matter of years, from modeling for small names to top named brands such as Coochie and Louisa Vuitton. The second judge is a famous fashion photographer that works for fashion magazines like Vague and Bazar. The third judge is a fashion designer whose works could be considered phenomenal in the world of fashion.

Appearing here is already hitting a major jackpot. Sure, you might not win the show, but if you do well enough and catch any of their attention then you are set for the long run. Connections are important and these people are full of them. Being in the good graces of just one of them will grant you countless opportunities. 

You are quite confident in your modeling skills, combined with your love for fashion gives you a much better headstart than the others. Your teacher who used to be a supermodel would always remind her students about the importance of clothes. Modeling isn't about the model, it's about the clothes. You are there to sell them, to make other people want to try them. But at the same time, you also have to add your own character to make it unique.

So when the contest began, you were quick to gain the spotlight. Although you sucked during the practice scenes, you completely dominated the show when it comes to the real deal. The practices never really made sense for you, especially with how extreme it is. Crossing two buildings with a plank to have a nice walk? Walking but you get thrown objects from all sides? How is that representing the real experience?