b u l l y

You didn't know when it started. The bullying.

Did you do something wrong? They never answered. For the past year, you've asked the same question for a million times and they answered it with the same response.

Silence.

Your dad had to move due to work, from the old countryside to Tokyo, the heart of Japan. It didn't bother you since you had been dying to know what it's like in Tokyo. You've seen pictures and heard stories from your friends and all of them seemed to fuel your desire more.

Your farewell party was sad though. Tears were spilled during that day but your friendship stayed strong.

Your school had a small number of students so everyone, including the teachers, was very close to each other. The relationship between the community was so strong that if one had wronged the others, all of them would cut all connections with that one person. But so far, no one had wronged anyone so it was peaceful most of the time.

Transferring schools in the middle of a semester would be hard for you, especially when you're transferring to a more high-class school. You would have to adapt fast as to not miss any lessons in order to pass. In a small place in your mind, you knew some of the students wouldn't accept a country bumpkin like you. But you hoped they wouldn't isolate you so quickly without even knowing who you are first.

You've heard stories about bullying in Tokyo and they weren't pleasing to hear at all. Some would put nails inside the victim's shoes, some wrote nasty things on the victim's table, even putting dead rats inside the locker. You hoped none of that would happen to you.

On the positive side, at least you can go to Harajuku now and see the anime merchandise and buy mangas more easily. The school festivals are also one thing you were excited to see since the funds would be a lot more there so there would be more things to see and experience.

The day you transferred, you were both nervous and excited. Nervous that you had to introduce yourself and meet new people but excited that the school is cooler than you had imagined it to be. Everything feels so modern and advanced, there's even a LIFT in the school. Almost everything uses your new ID card, going inside the school, borrowing a book, record attendance in class, etc.

Walking through the gate, you were almost invincible. No one really paid attention to you, which made you felt relieved. Everyone had friends to talk and laugh with while you're alone. Nonetheless, you were determined to have at least one friend for today. You silently fist-bumped the air to encourage yourself more.

Your homeroom teacher (who looks very young and pretty) was really nice to you. She offered you some tea to drink with and had a chat with you while waiting for class to began. She said that her class was the naughtiest of the bunch but they're very friendly. She also advised you not to get to close with a person named Aoba, not sure why but looking at her scared eyes, you decided to take her advice seriously.

The moment you entered the classroom, every pair of eyes were on you. Most were curious, some even excited. Just from appearances, you could already tell this class would be loud. Some of the students had their hair bleached, a girl was wearing what seemed to be piercings on her ear, one had their shirt almost unbuttoned. All this was starting to freak you out since you've never seen anyone wearing uniforms in those... vulgar ways.

"H-Hello, my name is (Y-Y/N)(L/N), p-please take c-care of me!" Out of nervousness, you bowed your torso ninety degrees down. By the time you stood straight again, everyone was laughing at you. But they weren't mocking you, they just... laughed (if that makes sense). Many were saying how cute your stuttering was, some even began asking questions to you.