c h a e b o l

Annoying. If someone had asked you how you would describe your boss's son, it will be annoying. A spoiled rich brat who knows nothing of hard work and only gets by his daily life with his father's money. 

His father is the CEO of the number one agency in South Korea and you are one of his artists. You work as a soloist and worked independently with your music. Writing and producing your own songs with the help of a few of his producers. You're a treasure in his agency. 

The CEO was the one who found and scouted you, having found you singing for work in a club. Your mother had left you and your dad with a big debt and you had no choice but to work in a shabby place. You had no money to continue your education, your father already worked hard enough and you didn't want to further burden him with things such as education fees. 

Hearing you cover a song was enough for him to rush to your side backstage and scout you right on the spot. You've never even thought of being an artist but after he convinced you that you'll gain money and loads of it, you immediately agreed.

It was hard at first, having to train your dancing skills. Your body is very stiff, but fit due to having to work day and night to gain income. Wanting to debut as soon as you can, you trained every day to the point where your body could collapse every now and then. It was unhealthy but necessary for you. 

The harsh training took a toll on your body and you became increasingly thin. You had a hard time eating without having the urge to puke every now and then. It was a hellish experience. After deeming you fit enough to debut, the CEO quickly arranged for your first release. 

The release was a single and it was a mild success. Because of how big the agency was, you were quickly brought into the spotlight and had interviews here and there. Because of your funny interactions in variety shows, you were quick to gain attention from netizens. 

The majority of them loved your quick-witted personality and how you didn't care about what the hosts say about you. You know how being an artist will be and honestly, you couldn't care less about what other people think about you.

You will do whatever you want, which is singing and paying off the debt. Seeing the sales from your first single, it wouldn't take long before all of it is paid off. Your father could finally get some rest and you can finally have fun for once.

The CEO didn't forget to praise you for the successful debut and he puts in much hope for your success in the future as well. He's a very fair man and judges people by their skill. If someone got the talent, he'll definitely put them in the center. That's why all of his artists are successful. Because all of them are there due to their talents and skills. 

All of his artists are very easy to get along with. Except for one.

The CEO, though very smart and wise, he is a family man through and through. It was a major downfall for a man like him. His son who is the same age as you acts very spoiled. 

His name is Hyun-Shik. He's the same age as you and is a member of a boy group. Before coming here, you were actually quite a fan of him. He's very entertaining and has a very beautiful voice. You imagined him to be nice, angelic even. Who would've thought he's a whiny little asshole who can't take a no for an answer. 

You reminisce the first time the two of you met. You were still a trainee and were using the practice room to practice for a bit more. No one was using it so you used it. Just as you were about to turn on the music, the door banged open, and in came Hyun-Shik. 

He's your senior so despite being the same age, you had to bow down to him. "O-oh! I'm sorry. I thought this room is empty..."

He's wearing a designer sweatshirt and joggers, in his hand was his phone. He looked at you for a minute before walking towards a chair to sit down. He didn't say anything to acknowledge your presence so you were confused about what to do.