? ? ?

Since you were little, you've been destined for greatness. 

As a daughter of a duke, you're basically set for life. 

Your father wanted nothing but the best for you. Education, entertainment, romance, down to the meals you have and the air you breathe every day. 

He lost your mother when you were only five and since then, he has taken it upon himself to raise you with as much love as possible so you won't lack the love of a mother. Others frowned upon his doting ways, but he didn't care about what others said. As long as it made you happy, he was willing to do whatever it takes. 

But every time he fulfills your wish, he would educate you and teach you about the world. When you wished to see the most beautiful gem to ever exist, he gave you the most beautiful gem to ever exist and taught you where it came from. He explained why the color is red, where it was dug, and the painful experiences the miners had to endure for one single gem. 

Because of this, you grew to be a spoiled but kind girl. Sure, you would always complain about things such as the tea being too bitter, or the air being too cold, but it would always come with a little kindness such as you giving the servants fur coats to wear and giving sugar to them to bring home. 

But even though everyone in your home loved you very dearly, the other aristocrats despised you. Your reputation was the worst. Just your name would make everyone start to rant for a whole hour straight. It was because you hated them. Even if you are an aristocrat yourself, you never did what those people did. Extracting money from the poor, abusing them, or just thinking poorly of them. 

You see someone from their value, their worth. If someone works hard, even if they have no talent for it, you will treat them well. But most of the time, the nobles you meet at the parties are never worthy of your kindness. Only all talk but never action. It truly irritates you even to have a conversation with the likes of them. 

The only friend you had within the nobility is a boy your age. Someone who has been with you since you were young. He is the son of a good friend of your father who is a Marquis. The two went back so many years back to when they were just mere students studying at the academy. You've heard your father tell you about their friendship and their stories during their naughtiest years. And let's just say you felt sorry for their teachers.

His son is Arthur Artsburg, someone whom you've seen as a valuable friend. Though he at times irritates you for his shyness, he is loyal and would never sacrifice a friend for his own needs. Every time you hear your father's stories, you thought to yourself, where did Mr. Artsburg bravery go to? It's definitely not Arthur. The boy couldn't even hurt a fly, let alone pull a prank on someone. 

As said before, Arthur is rather shy as a boy. He dislikes social events and would rather read books or have a tea party with you. Their parents have tried to ask you to persuade him to go but you were also the same as him so you refused to help. Besides, being a noble doesn't mean he has to be adept in social skills. His brain is more than enough to support the whole marquis's reign without fail. You had to admit, he is by far, the smartest person you've ever encountered. Not even your father could compare.

But regardless, even if he dislikes it, when needed he is more than capable to counter the vicious mouths of the nobles. That's why you would always let him handle your absence from social events. You just can't be bothered by trivial stuff such as those when you had a lot of more important things to do.

One of those is the letter you have in your hand. 

Apparently, your reputation reached the ears of the crown prince and he seems to be intrigued by you. You've only met him once and that was his eighth birthday. Your father forced you to attend because he wanted you to meet some new friends but that day you gained zero friends and a lot of enemies. You forgot if the crown prince is included in that crowd but you could care less since he seems far too busy to care about a rude girl like you.