m a i n - p r o t a g o n i s t

"-and they lived happily with each other. The end."

Those words are a bunch of bullshit for a villainess like me. 

Happy ending my ass, I'm probably going to end up dead or in jail someday. That's just the common ending for a villain. You bully the heroine, do bad deeds here and there and then die in the hands of either the male lead or someone unimportant. 

I am (Y/N) Eckwart, the only daughter of Duke Eckhart. I am currently at the age of nine, even though my consciousness is already twenty-two years old. Why? Because like those typical novels and webtoons, I died and suddenly I'm back to my nine-year-old past self (I swear the author really has no creativity for new plots whatsoever.).

Since I'm currently in my twelve-year-old body, that means I still have time to repent of my stupid actions. On my eighteenth birthday, the true heroine will appear and my life will be in danger, that's why I need to run away before that time comes. 

I'm sure the duke won't prevent me from leaving the family since I am just a kid he randomly picked up from the streets. Surprise, surprise, I am actually not related to this family by blood! The duke, oh so graciously picked me up from the streets because he felt pity for me. My real parents had died from an accident and I was left alone to fend this horrid world. 

Thinking back, my previous self really is an obnoxious selfish woman. I shuddered just thinking of the image of me prancing in gold. After getting adopted, the duke took care of me nicely and I remember feeling grateful to him. He gave me a happy and comfortable life. 

But what I didn't know was how bad the nobles really are. They treated me like crap, bullying me to the point I almost took my own life, even my brother sided with them. The duke didn't know what was happening with me because of that so-called brother of mine. 

Speaking of which, I really have to avoid him, at all costs. I don't know what was my mistake but he despised me so damn much that just looking at me makes him want to puke! 

He would later fall in love with the heroine but she likes the main protagonist, the crown prince. Unfortunately for me, the crown prince is engaged to me, so in order to make her happy, my brother ferociously disowned me from the family. 

I will not make those same mistakes. I won't act so carelessly anymore. I have to ignore the male leads and stay out of their way. That's the only way for me to live.

I'll live peacefully on the outskirts alone with no one to disturb my life! Screw those male leads and heroine! 

"We have arrived, Sir.", the doorman opens the carriage door.

The duke climbs down the small stairs and out of the fancy blue carriage. After a long ride from the capital, we finally arrive at the Eckart family's mansion. Seeing that the Duke has gotten out of the carriage, I followed suit. The carriage was so suffocating and the seats are painful as well. I had to endure all of that and the immense stare from the Duke. He didn't speak anything at all on the road! I wanted to say something but decided not to.

The wind blows my long (H/C) hair gently as I get out of the carriage. The first thing that comes to my sight is the huge and beautiful Eckart mansion. The size and design of the manor never fail to amaze me each time I look at it. The intricate details and the calming color of blue make my heart feel serene and calm. If only I wasn't a villain. I would've stayed here until the day I die.

"(Y/N), what are you daydreaming about?"

The deep cold voice put me out of my trance as I straightened my figure out of reflex. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something. Please excuse my rude behavior."