m a f i a

Today you were finally getting released from the mental hospital or asylum. After two years of "treatment", you were finally deemed sane enough to live your life normally. No, you weren't born ill. You were once a perfectly normal girl, living a normal life. But after you encountered him, everything changed for the worse. 

Let's start from the very beginning, shall we?

It started on a cloudy morning. You were eighteen years old, a freshman in college, majoring in design. You've always had a passion for design since you were young. That day, your friend had asked you to help her with a project for her photography class. You being a broke college student decided to walk there since it's free of cost and a good exercise for you. 

When you were halfway to her apartment, the rain suddenly poured heavily. It was so heavy that you couldn't see what's in front of you. Unfortunately, you forgot to bring your umbrella with you. You decided to take shelter inside a nice comfy cafe near you. You see several men in suits cursing the sudden downpour which made you chuckle. 

You texted your friend, saying you're gonna be late because of the rain which she responded with an 'ok'. You took a seat near the window since it seems to be more interesting than your phone at the moment. You saw cars passing by, families wearing raincoats, an artist probably sketching the scenery in front of him. 

While you were busy in your world, a certain mafia was busy with his own business. Someone borrowed money from him in a huge amount and he still hasn't returned the money yet even though it's passed the deadline. What's worse, his men can't find him anywhere. He swears once they found him, he'll regret trying to run away from him. No one can run from him.

"Damon, make sure this son of a bitch is captured. As soon as you find him, tell me."

"Yes, boss."

Rafael released a sigh as he turns off his phone and puts it on the chair beside him. As he looks at the scene outside, he saw a girl with (H/C) hair with her right hand supporting her head. She looks so happy watching other people. "Damon, stop the car."

"Yes, boss."

Damon silently flashes a questioning look at his boss. Did his boss found something interesting? Rafael watches the girl for a while longer until the rain lightened. The rain was almost gone now. You picked up any trashes around you and proceeded to walk out of the cafe and throwing the trash in the trash bin. 

"Damon, send me her information tonight."

Damon was caught off guard by his boss's weird request. Did he hear wrong? "What?"

"The girl who just left the cafe."

"Oh! Y-yes boss."

What started as a tiny feeling of like turned into an obsession. Rafael approached you one day. He seemed like a nice guy you first thought. His advances to you made your heart flutter. He was everything you wanted in a man. He was your dream man. Rich, handsome, kind, caring. He never got mad at you for anything. 

But one thing that is always on your mind is how good he is at lying. You can't catch him lying even once. He looks as if he was telling the truth but he was lying. It... unnerved you. At one point, you don't know whether you can trust even one word of his. 

Rafael who sensed your hesitation with him quickly treated you with gifts and a dinner date to take your mind off the topic, which always ended with you feeling guilty for doubting him. You were so easy to manipulate, so gullible for a man like him. 

But everything started to go down the drain after your wedding day.

Your wedding was almost fairytale-like. Everything seemed so perfect, from your dress to the smallest details. Your friends came up to you and ranted about how jealous they were of you but they wished nothing but happiness for the both of you. Strangely, Rafael's guests were all... business-like? All of them had stoic and scary faces. They congratulated both of you but it seemed like they were threatening you.