g e n e r a l

"Hurry (Y/N)! Their coming!" Mother yells while signaling me to run faster. The Japanese armies suddenly attacked our village and they were kidnapping woman and children. I was in the middle of cooking when the sound of horseshoes thumping the ground could be heard from miles away. Signaling that there were many horses.

Soon after, there was fire everywhere, women screaming for mercy while children cry. My father was nowhere to be seen. "(Y/N)! Stay here! I'll go look for your father!"

"No! Mother No!"

But it was too late. My mother had already run away to search for my probably already deceased father. Leaving me alone in a secluded alley. While waiting for them, I unconsciously fell asleep. Blocking out any noise from the outside world.

"General, the village has been secured. The women have been captured while the men are brought to the camp to train." My trusted right-hand man, Akira reports. I nod before hopping on my black horse to search for any remaining survivors.

I watch as houses burn to the ground, dead bodies lying everywhere, blood spilled on the ground. This has become a normal view for a high-rank general such as me.

We are currently in a war against our mortal enemy, Caythien. This has been going for about 3 years now and both sides still haven't given up. My horse suddenly comes to a stop near a dark alley. I climb down and walk slowly towards the small alley, cautious of any danger.

But what I saw next made my heart flutter.

A girl my age is leaning against the wall, her face so peaceful and innocent while her clothes are torn apart with black smudges here and there. Slowly, I put my hands around her waist and pick her up bridal style. I put her on my horse before leading it back to the camp. I can hear the soldiers whispering behind my back but I could care less.

"What are you going to do with her, General?" Akira asked me.

"I'm going to... take care of her."

"AHHHHHHH!!!"

Where am I? Why is it so... luxurious? Where is mother? Did she find father? or better, am I in heaven? Suddenly, the door banged open and a man comes in while panting. He rushes to me and asks me if I was okay. I didn't answer any of his questions as I was in a trance. 

"Are you hurt anywhere, princess?"

Wait, princess?

"Where am I? Who are you? Where are my parents? Why did you call me 'princess'?!" I finally ask what I've been wanting to ask. He stops with his questions and in return, starts laughing. Yes, laughing. "Princess, you are in my mansion. I don't know where your parents are. I found you lying on the ground in an abandoned village." He answers.

The newfound information left me speechless. They... They got captured. What if they died? What i- "Princess? Are you okay?" The person waves his hand in front of my face. Seeing me returning back to reality, he smiles and puts down his hand. "What is your name, princess?"

"I- My name is (Y/N). (F/N) (L/N). And you are, sir?"

"My name is Masaki Tomonaga. It is nice to meet you, (Y/N)."