Playing a dangerous game

Authors note: OK! So you can chose whichever couple you want this to be about. Reds, Blues, Greens, heck if you want to a color crack ship. There is no names in this one shot, so everyone is able to be chosen. Enjoy~ tell me if you like this.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩✄۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂

After dancing in the crowded ballroom for hours, the girls feet began to ache. She sighed and walked over to the food table. Her eyes scanned the many different foods. There was sea food, escargot, dips, vegetables, pastries, chocolates, and many others.

As she looked back towards the ballroom crowd she saw her date dancing with another girl. She didn't really think anything of it...until she saw his lips on hers.

The girls eyes widened and a gasp escaped her lips. She stared disgusted as the girl maneuvered to where she was now pressing her body against his... what made her even more disgusted was that he wasn't pulling away. Quite the opposite actually, he seemed to be deepening it.

The females eyes wattered and she spun around to make her way out of the ballroom. She marched out the doors and into the garden. Her eyes wandered to a gazebo. She walked over and sat down. The tears picked at the corners of her eyes, she refused to cry though. As much as she wanted to, her body wouldn't let her. The tears were there, but she couldn't get them out.

The dim lighting of the garden—which was lit by a few lanterns—casted a glow upon her skin. Her eyes sparkled in the moonlight and soon the sound of music flew out the ballroom's open doors and into the castle garden.

Soon a rustling sound could be heard from behind her. The girl quickly stood up and spun around. A boy steps out of the shadows, his dark eyes twinkle mysteriously in the illuminating light.

As the music for a slow waltz flows out the ballroom, the boy offers his hand. He steps into the lighting so she has a better view of him."May I have this dance?"

The girl's brows furrow as she examines him. His hair was messy but she could see something else there...horns? Immediately she knew that whatever this boy was—demon, ghost, monster—he was a choice she'd most likely regret.

But his eyes were filled with adventure, and they seemed to almost dare her to turn away. They dared her to accept his offer and make a choice she'd regret. They seemed to laugh as she considered turning away. 'Are you a coward?' They seemed to ask.

She bites her lip as she tries to decide weather or not she should step into the fire. A sigh escaped her lips as she placed her hand in his. She was stepping into a wild fire that devoured everything it touched. She was walking into a blazing forest fire that destroyed everything it touched. But hell, she was ready to burn.

The boy's lips curled up and he pulled her closer to him. "Pleasure to meet you, love." His voice sent shivers down her spine. And suddenly she felt complete. It was as if the small void in her soul had been filled with just this young mans voice.

"The pleasure is mine," She could feel her own face break out in a smile as her eyes met his. As they did, she realized she was in for a very. Very. Very. Painful ride.

"I'll break your heart~" The boy leaned down and whispered into her ear. "I'll break it into millions of pieces."

She could clearly hear the warning in his voice. But she could also hear the longing for it to be false. She could hear the pain in it. She could hear the guilt.

"My hearts already been broken tonight, what's once more?" She questioned, recalling the nights earlier events.

The boy smiled and placed his forehead on hers, "Who knows? You might break my heart."

"That sounds like a possibility," She whispered, not being able to hide the smirk playing on her lips.

"I look forward to it, love." The boy stepped away as the music stoped. He bowed and gave a charming smile, "I'll be in touch~" and with that he disappeared.

She waved into the spot he was once in. "I'm playing a very dangerous game, aren't I?" She wondered aloud. With a sigh she sat back down on the gazebo. "A very, very dangerous game."