💚Face Your Fears💚

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Boomer eyed the jar Butch had placed on the counter. "Isn't she terrified of these things?"

"Well yes, but that's the point! Spiders are the only thing I know her to be afraid of!" Butch smirked and picked up the jar then placed it inside his backpack.

"What exactly do you plan on doing?" Brick grabbed a slice of toast off of Boomers plate.

"I'm gonna let loose a bunch of spiders inside Buttercups locker."

"You do realize that's not gonna end well."

"My toast!" Boomer gasped.

"Who says it won't? It's gonna be hilarious!" Butch put his backpack on then stole Boomers other slice of toast and ran out the door.

Boomer growled and threw his plate against the wall. He crossed his arms and pouted about how they always stole his food and how he never got to eat in the mornings. Brick rolled his eyes and got Boomer a yogurt out of the fridge. "Suck it up." He muttered then headed out the door.

Butch silently watched in amusement as Buttercup made her way to her locker. If everything went as planned he'd be in paradise laughing and enjoying life and she'd be a nervously scared wreck all day, willing to do anything he wants. Oh how he hoped she'd be terrified.

When she opened up her locker she her eyes widened. Butch smirked and covered his ears, waiting for the scream. But it never came. Instead she shakingly got out her stuff she needed and closed the locker door.

'Where was the shriek?' He wondered.

As Buttercup passed him she noticed his weird facial expression. And that's when it dawned on her. Who else would try to do this to her? Her eyes narrowed into slits and she kept walking. 'HOW COULD HE?! He knows I'm terrified of spiders! What was he hoping to gain by scaring me?!' She marched into her first period class and sat down in the back.

Butch came in minutes later and sat beside her. She frowned then got up and moved to a different seat. Butch stayed where was at in shock. 'Maybe my prank did do something to her...' he frowned and watched the girl twiddle with her thumbs. 'Of course! She's got too much of an ego to let everyone know she's scared.' His lips curled up into his usual smile. 'Haha! I win!'

When Buttercup glanced behind her and saw him smiling, she felt nauseous. An uneasy feeling settled inside her and she went all through class without giving away that she wasn't her usual self. When the bell rang she bolted out of the class and ran into the bathroom.

Puking her breakfast out into the toilet, she could feel tears pricking at the corners of her eyes. 'What a dickhead' she thought. She pulled out her phone and texted Blossom that she wasn't going to second period and that she wasn't feeling good.

Blossom responded with a thumbs up and told her that she hoped she feels better soon. Buttercup smiled sadly at the text and sat on the cold bathroom floor for a couple more minutes. Her hair had gotten wet from her sweating so it clumped up and stuck to her face. Her cheeks and nose was coated in a deep shade of red. Tear marks were evident on her face. She was a total mess. Her eyeliner was smudged. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. She hated it. She hated him.

"Fucking hell would he do this? I thought we were on good terms." She scrunched up her nose as the taste of vomit lingered in her mouth. "Bleh. I need water." She mumbled aloud.

As she stepped out of the stall she noticed a group of girls hovering around the sink. They were applying mascara and too many layers of lipgloss if you ask Buttercup. One of the girls looked in the mirror at the ravenette and her eyes widened. She made a sound of pure terror and quickly gathered up her stuff then ran out. The four others saw Buttercup and quickly followed the first girls lead. Soon Buttercup was left standing in front of mirror alone. She smiled at the thought of their horrified faces. 'All it takes is one of me to scare off a bunch of plastics?' She looked in the mirror and inwardly cringed at her own appearance. "Damn.... I look like a fucking zombie." She muttered. She reached for a paper towel, dampened it, then washed her face. Her eyes were still red but not as puffy. Her face was still covered in a layer of red. She cupped her hands under the faucet then took a drink from her hands. She poured some water onto her head and ran her hand through her hair.