💚Runaway city💚 pt.3

Being startled awake by the feel of freezing cold water always seemed to anger me. That and make me cold.

As I jolted into an upright position my breathing became increasingly fast. My vision was still blurry but I could almost make out the figure of someone standing in front of me.

"Oh my, did I accidentally add Anorlan into those Goldhorn Buns? Silly me." The giggle at the end wasn't that of sincere apology. I blinked a few times and had my eyes adjust to the still dingy lighting.

"Blossom Scarlett Hain." My voice was croaky. I sounded as if I had just died and came back to life.... Oh wait.

"Buttercup Luella Damon." She crossed her arms and smirked. I wanted to choke her, then and there.

"You little-"

"Oh relax. I just made you sleep. What's so bad about sleeping? You never do it so I figured I'd help out."

"I sleep and I almost die every single time. Remember Tella? Or Wayne? Or Jackal? Or Avri? Or—"

"Okay okay. I get it. People like to try and kill you. But him," she gestured to something beside me. I look over and see Butch passed out. "You really expect that to kill you?"

"He looks-"

"Like a sweet innocent man who wouldn't harm a fly?"

"-a careless, reckless boy who'd accidentally kill a fly." His hair was a mess. His mouth was slightly parted open, allowing soft snores to escape... along with drool. "Or who'd intentionally murder a lion."

"Buttercup." Blossom groaned, I could tell she was annoyed at me already. "Okay. Get ready, get him up, do whatever it is you need to go. Brick's got horses saddled up and ready. And I've made you food and labeled them."

I groan and stand up. "Help me lace us my corset."

***

Splash

His eyes open and he jolts up. He starts to breathe at a heavy rate then it slowly begins to normalize. He stares up at me with a scowl. "You-"

"Did you know you drool when you sleep?" I held on to the bucket that once held ice water. A soft blush of embarrassment makes his way across his face. "Also, we've gotta leave now."

"You can't just- I- Buttercup I'm soaking wet! How do you expect me to travel looking like I fell into a River!?" He stands up and gestures to himself.

"Dry off?" He growls at my statement before marching past me and out of the barn.

He wasn't as wet as he made it sound. From the top of his head to his shoulders was only where I splashed him. It'll keep him cooled off for a while as we travel... don't know why he's so angry. Then again I do get pretty mad when being woken up by an ice bath... meh. Whatever.

I walk out after him. I've already loaded up on weapons and have put my faith in Blossom that she didn't give any of those anorlan infused Goldhorn Buns. And if she did I truly hope she labeled them.

Blossom and Brick were waiting for us by the horses. Beautiful black stallions that blended in with the inky color of the forest. Perfect for traveling undetected.

"You must be the young prince," Brick states as he looks at Butch. "I've heard nothing but insults from your companion all morning."

"Expected as much." His eyes flick to me. I hold my hands up and smile. Wait- shit.... Remind me never to smile again. I only smile to people I care about. I do not care about him. No way in hell.