Loyalty

"I let you two go already! What are you still doing here?" Melanie said.

"You used up 500 million for peasants like us, please accept us as your slaves." Ethan said, as they both kneel down infront of her.

Everyone started to notice this, and to prevent any more attention, Melanie insisted they stand.

...

In the end, they both rode the same carriage as Melanie on the way back to the manor. 

"Listen you two, I don't need slaves, just be my knights. And, if you want to leave I will not stop you." Melanie says.

They both harmoniously nodded.

The rest of the ride, Melanie couldn't help but gaze on the twins. 

'Would it be okay to keep them? I can't let them go to that viscount's house.' She thought.

!!!

"Urk!" Melanie coughed out blood, and it went on her dress.

"Miss!" Evan and Ethan were terrified. 

Melanie started to become dizzy, she brought out a handkerchief to wipe her mouth. "I-I'm fine." she said as she proceeded to cough.

"Shouldn't we call for help?! You just-" Ethan got cut off.

"Enough. I am fine." Melanie says, as the carriage stops. 

Melanie quickly got off the carriage, passing by Chloe. "My lady-" she said.

Luckily, no one seemed to notice the blood, but they were concerned about the twins who got out of the carriage.

"Chloe, will she be okay?" Evan asked.

Chloe remained silent, "come with me". As they headed inside the manor, and to Melanie's room.

She knocked on the door, before opening it. 

Melanie had removed her dress, and only had an undergarment dress on. 

The two boys immediately look away flustered, "It's okay, come in." Melanie said.

She was too tired to care, she proceeded to drink her medication since she started to feel pain.

"Sit you two." She said, as the twins sit on the couch.

"Since you are going to work under me now... well not yet I have to discuss this with father, but anyways... this will be kept a secret. Understood?" She said.

"Are you sick?" "Are you going to die?" "Why did you cough blood?" The two of them asked questions with no hesitation.

"How impudent!" Chloe said.

Melanie chucked, "My time is limited." She said.

Making the twins expression turned into a shocked one, their eyes widened and they were speechless.

"I suffer from an incurable disease called Gelidus. I am unable to use mana, and overall, I am weak. That's why having personal knights would be helpful." She said calmly.

"Are you okay with-" Evan got cut off by Ethan who covered his mouth. It was as if he shouldn't ask her that question.

"Rest for today, and tomorrow please meet with the head knight. Try a little practice, if you do well I'll keep you here. If not, I'll kick you out. Okay? Goodnight." She said, and immediately tucked herself in bed.

"Wait-" they got cut off by her snoring.

"If you have questions for her, you must become her knights. Tomorrow, she'll try to get you two to be her official escorts. So do well." Chloe said.