Grand Ball (1/2)

The next day

Lilianne expressed her regrets of being unable to prepare with Melanie to the ball. 

It didn't bother Melanie, since it'd be more surprising if the imperial princess could do so. 

'Well alot of things happened last night...' Melanie thought.

"I can't believe you're going to the ball alone!" Chloe said.

"Well, about that..." Melanie said.

The previous evening...

And simultaneously, they lift their hands and let the lanterns fly.

It looked beautiful, along with the many more lanterns coming from the bottom. 

As if it was a dream..

"Melanie what did you wish for?" Peter asked.

"If I tell you it won't come true." Melanie replied.

"What?!" Peter was shocked.

"It's annoying how there's a ball tomorrow." Cyro groaned.

"Speaking of which, Melanie do you have an escort to the ball?" Lilianne asked.

"Hm, I didn't think about that... I guess I'm going alone." Melanie chuckled.

"I can escort you master." Ethan said.

"No, I'll escort her!" Evan argued.

The twins bickered in the background, while Jin cleared his throat and approached Melanie.

"If you don't mind, may I be your partner for tomorrow?" Jin said, offering his hand.

Everyone was extremely surprised, but Melanie felt a bit flustered.

In the novel, Jin was going to meet Gracey at the ball. He'd ask her to dance, and it would stir up rumors everywhere.

Melanie was quite hesitant, she didn't want to mess with the story line any longer.

But after Jin danced with her, he was punished back at home through wipping. His father scolded him for dancing with a commoner.

'Damn this author, how cruel.' Melanie thought. "Oh wait..? I'm the author lol' She suddenly remembered.

She placed her hand on top of his, "I'd be honored." She replied.

"Whaat?!" Everyone said except for Jin.

He couldn't help but smile, he bent down and kissed her hand.

'Oh my, how charming.' She thought.

"Masterr!!" The twins sulked.

"Don't be a fool Jin! She only let you do this so you can buy her many types of food!" Lilianne hissed.

"I'll buy her anything as much as she wants." Jin teased as he puts his hand down.

"Damn, I was going to ask her." Cyro clicked his tongue.

"Don't you dare think about it." Peter glared at him.

Melanie was simply laughing at everyone being dramatic.

Present time

"What were you going to say my lady?" Chloe asked.

"Never mind, you'll see later." Melanie said.

!!!

"AAH!" Melanie shouted.