Gracey

"oh dear.. he left." Melanie said.

They went back to the stall where they previously bought ice cream.

"Well it is time for evening stalls to come in." He replied.

"You're right." Melanie said.

"Oh well, we'll just-" Melanie was stopped.

Someone bumped into her and they fell on the ground.

Melanie was also startled, and was pushed back. Peter was able to catch her and prevent and accident.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked.

"Y-yeah." Melanie said as she stood back up.

"Miss are you oka-" Melanie paused.

A beautiful woman, with striking platinum blonde hair... lovely sage green eyes, and radiant honey pale skin. 

Melanie stood in shock, 'There's no doubt...' she thought.

"I'm so sorry!" The lady stood up and dusted her clothes, "are you hurt?" She asked.

Melanie was completely frozen, 'I didn't know it was today?!' She thought.

"Y-yeah." Melanie hesitantly responded.

"Watch where you're going next time." Peter said.

"Yes! I'm so sorry.." She responded.

Melanie immediately glared at Peter, 'You're not supposed to say that!' 

"...?" Peter responded with a confused look.

"You look like a noble? What family are you from?" Peter asked.

She was quite flustered, but she greeted with a bow. "My name is Gracey Saures." 

"Who bows to strangers?" Peter responded.

And that's what triggered Melanie to have a breakdown in her head.

Gracey was supposed to bump onto Peter, not Melanie. And Peter would be blinded by her beauty... his heart would skip a beat.

But why...

'Why does he look so annoyed?!' Melanie thought.

"Gracey Saures? You mean Viscount Saures' step daughter?" He asked.

"Yes, you know my father?" She smiled.

"It would seem so." He replied with a cold expression.

"Alright, I'm going to go now. It was nice meeting you Gracey. Bye Peter." Melanie waved and quickly walked away.

"Oh dear-" Gracey said.

"Goodbye." He nodded.

"W-wait!" Gracey said.

Peter paused and turned to her.

"Would you like to grab some desserts?" She hesitantly asked.

"Sorry, I have to escort my friend. If we meet again, I may consider it." Peter turned back and walked away. 

Gracey didn't know why she did that, it was as if her mouth spoke for itself.

Peter strangely felt like he missed something, but he nudged it off and went after Melanie.

...

'I hope they hit it off, Lilianne would be safe now right?' Melanie thought as she waited for her carriage.

"I wonder if they're on a little date like befo-" Melanie said to herself, but she was cut off.

"Melanie!!!" Peter said outloud from afar.

"I spent too much time with Peter, I'm even hearing his voice from a distance." She scratched her ear.

"Are you ignoring me?" Peter said, he was already standing beside her.

"Gah!" She said, surprised he was there.

"...? Are you okay?" He asked.

"You scared me! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Lady Gracey?" Melanie said.

"Why would I be with her?" He replied.

"You're right, why should she be with you..?" She mumbled to herself.

"Why are you standing here?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm waiting for.." Melanie said, and right in time her carriage had arrived.

"I see, come to think of it, why did you come here alone? Didn't you have escorts? A lady in your ranking needs a maid here-" Peter nagged, as the carriage stopped by.

Completely ignoring him, she gets on the carriage and waves. She slides the window and says, "Don't forget what I said. Stay strong!" As the carriage moves forward.

Peter was left there, chuckling. "I won't forget. Thank you." He said to himself.