The Truth

!!!

Melanie's eyes widen. 

"Get up you two!" The emperor said.

"No, your majesty. If the funding is the problem, I will completely invest in this. All we need is your permission." Marquess Alais said.

"But Gelidus is an incurable disease, it only appears very rarely." The emperor replied.

"We currenly have a patient who suffers from it. Please allow us to conduct the research." Zyn looked down.

"Is it so important that you must pay expensive medicine for a cure? You two haven't been resting well easily.. is it because of this person? Who is it?" He asked.

"It's my daughter, your majesty. Melanie has been suffering from Gelidus for awhile now. She's slowly dying.." The Marquess said, as his expression looked pained.

Melanie stood back, she didn't want to listen any longer.

It's a problem they're begging for the research... but there's a bigger problem. 

Everyone stopped listening and looked at Melanie. They were petrified. 

"Melanie... is this true?" Lilianne's voice was shaking.

This was bound to happen soon. Their reaction was expected, yet Melanie felt pained to see them like this.

"Sorry." was all Melanie could say.

Cyro, saw it coming. Yet, he felt terrible... he wished that his predicitons were false.

"Why... did you hide it from us?" Lilianne's tears start to show.

Peter clenched his fist, and approached Melanie. "You said, friends trust eachother? I thought we were friends!" He said, before walking away.

Lilianne snapped, she sobbed as she rushed passed Melanie. 

"I'll go... and comfort them. Give them time, they're not mad at you." Cyro said, as he walked passed Melanie.

"I'm sorry." Melanie said to Jin who was remaining.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked.

Melanie stayed quiet, until she felt a bit dizzy.

"Thank you, for today. But I must head home now." Melanie turned her back and walked away.

Jin opened the balcony door, surprising them.

"Greetings to his majesty the emperor." He bowed.

"Jin? What are you doing here?" The emperor said.

"I overheard your conversation... well, alot of us did. Including Melanie." He explained.

"I see, how was she?" The emperor asked.

"She went home... your majesty I have a request." He said.

"What is it?"

"I'd like to partake in this research." Jin said with a strong gaze.

...

Swiftly enough, she was able to leave the party with the twins. 

She was sitting in the carriage, looking out the window. 

"Master, is there a reason why we left early?" Ethan asked. They sat infront of her, Melanie requested they sit together on the way home.

"They found out... about my sickness." She said, and sighed.

"How did they take it?" Evan asked.

"Not very well." Melanie replied, her eyes felt heavy, and she felt cold.