Ciel Lanterns

"Watch me win this!" A man said.

As he loaded the gun, and aimed for the glass bottles.

He shot alot, but missed a few. He was able to win a small stuffed toy in the end.

Melanie wanted to try it, but she was reluctant to. 

"If you want to try it, you should." Jin said behind her.

She flinched and looked back, "Oh! Since when did you guys get here?" She said.

Cyro and Jin were able to catch up with her, while the rest were seperated.

"Just now." Cyro smiled.

"Where are the others?" She asked.

"Lilianne and Peter got swooped away by some nobles, and your escorts got distracted by a puppet show." Cyro explained.

Melanie chuckled.

"So, why don't you try it?" Jin asked, as he pointed at the stall.

"Hello young miss and young sirs, would you like to try shooting to win our grand bear?" The man asked.

"If you're hesitant, I can try first." Jin said, as he payed some silver coins and got bullets.

He loaded his gun, and aimed at a target. 

He shot every bottle, but the time was ticking down. Each bottle was placed in random directions, that make it hard to shoot. 

With just 2 seconds left, he misses the last bottle.

"Nice try young man, but if you miss a shot you lose!" The owner said, but instead gives a medium teddy bear.

"I'm sorry Lady Melanie, it seems like I'm not good enough for this game." Jin looked down and offered the bear.

She stayed quiet for a bit and observed the bottles that were being replaced by the owner.

"Hold on." Melanie said, as she passed by Jin to try the game.

She payed her silver coins and got the gun, "how do you load this?" she asked.

Cyro goes up behind her, and as his hands touch hers, he helps her load the gun.

'He's too close-' She thought, but her expression was normal. Which made Cyro quite intruiged.

"There you go." He lets go.

"Thank you." Melanie replied without looking at him.

During the time the owner was placing the bottles, she calculated on what angle she must shoot at.

"Goodluck miss!" The owner said, as he starts the timer.

Melanie aims the gun, and immediately shoots perfectly on each bottle.

Her gaze shifted everywhere, her brain was occupied on calculation. 

Jin and Cyro were fascinated, "How cool!" Jin said, as he hugged the bear. While Cyro's jaw dropped.

Three seconds left, there were two bottles left. But both of them were far from eachother, luckily Melanie got so into it... she shot both of them with a blink of an eye!

"And time! Congratulations for winning the grand price!" The owner said outloud, as he passed the big stuffed bear to Melanie.

Those who were around them cheered, "Wow! She was so cool!" Some kids said.

"Oh my! I won!" Melanie turned back to Jin and Cyro.

Their eyes widen, as they saw Melanie's expression. Her smile lit up the area, she looked like an angel.