Palace

Melanie sat up, still feeling a bit woozy but better.

"Melanie? You're finally up." Lilianne said.

"How long was I asleep?" She asked.

"About a few hours."

"Wait? But what about your brother? Aren't you supposed to meet him today?" Melanie was concerned.

"Oh well, he can wait." Lilianne averted her gaze.

"What why?"

"Because I wanted to take care of you." She mumbled.

"What?"

"I WANTED TO TAKE CARE OF YOU!" She said aloud, while being flustered.

Melanie sighed, then laughed.

She glanced to the other side and saw the twins sitting and resting on the floor.

Evan's head was rested on Ethan's shoulders.

"They were sobbing the entire time, but then they stopped when your father came here." Lilianne laughed, as she passed a glass of water to her.

"My father came here?" Melanie asked, and drank her water.

"Mhm, he was real worried he didn't even notice I was here." Lilianne replied.

Melanie then spat her water in surprise.

"What?? Oh my goodness. I'm sorry-" Melanie was cut off.

"No, it's fine. I'll see him often since we're... Friends." She mumbled the last word.

But Melanie heard it, she ended up giggling.

"Hey don't laugh!" Lilianne was embarrassed, making Melanie laugh more.

Lilianne caught on to the contagious laugh and they end up laughing together.

'When was the last time I laughed like this?' Melanie thought, while she tried to control herself.

!!!

"Are you okay now?" Marquess Alais barged in the room.

Melanie couldn't help but a give blank expression, she was unable to process the situation.

'What the? He looks like me? Isn't he like in his 50s how does he look so young?' She thought.

"Oh, your highness, you're still here?" He said.

???

"Excuse me father-" Melanie was cut off.

"Yes I am... Since I care so much about my friend. Don't you agree..? Old man." Lilianne said.

It was as if there were blazing sparks in between them, were they competing?

"Yes yes, Princess Lilianne, I think you should go home now. Your brother must be waiting for you." Melanie said.

A sound of doom was heard, like Lilianne was defeated.

"Okay... I'll be back soon. Take care of yourself." She hugged Melanie. 

Before leaving, she takes one more glare at the Marquess before.. "Hmph!" 

"...?" Melanie was confused.

"Doctor Zyn... you're here too." Melanie said, and coming from the fact Zyn and Marquess Alais returned together...

"I'm sorry my lady..." Zyn said.

She sighed, "It's alright. Father was bound to figure this out sooner or later." she said.

"Melanie, I'll look for a cure right away." He said, as he sat beside her in bed.

With a warm smile, she placed her hand on top of her father's. "It is not necessary. If fate decides my death, I will humbly accept it. So please prepare for the worst father." 

And with a pained expression, he hugs his daughter. "It doesn't matter what you say, I will help you." 

...

Two days later, Lilianne invited Melanie to the palace.

"Master... what's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?" Ethan asked.

Melanie was staning between the twins, and she was shaking ferociously. 

"Nothing's wrong." She said as her eyes averted everywhere.

"We've been standing her for 30 minutes master." Evan bluntly said.

"I-I know." She said as she just walked in the palace, with the guard's permission to.

They walk in, but very slowly.

"Master you're basically not moving at this point." Evan said to Melanie who was taking her time in walking.

"Are you perhaps...nervous?" Ethan asked.

"No why would I be?" She replied as her legs were trembling.

Who wouldn't be nervous? The crown prince who is the strongest death flag. He could be a tyrant once he gets crowned.

"Melanie!!!" Lilianne shouts from afar, as it echoes through out the hallways.

Melanie gasps in shock.

There he was, as Lilianne ran towards her... the man who followed behind her. 

The crown prince!!!