9 | Nightmare

Elijah's POV:

Content: Abuse

Her death grip grabbed my fragile arm pulling me closer to her.

"Don't make a sound." She turned my body over leaning me against the couch.

"Please!" It hurt so badly. I don't know what I did wrong.

"Shut up." She didn't even bother listening to my protests as she whipped the belt on my bare back.

I scream in pain but she shuts my mouth with her palm.

"I'm gonna hurt you worse if you don't shut it." I tried. I tried my best to keep my voice down as she hit my back with a belt at least 4 more times.

Each whip getting worse than the last.

Once I heard the belt drop, she let me go. And she was gone. I looked around to see my in the same space but the belt and Maya were gone.

I dropped to my knees and I started crying. I can do this I told myself.

My body shot up screaming desperately trying to gasp for air.

I look around and mama still here.

"Baby, baby are you okay." Mama cupped my face bringing her lips to my forehead.

"Just a bad dream." She nodded and runs her fingers through my hair.

"Want ice cream." This ain't my first nightmare. So mama always asks if I want ice cream because that's the best thing to have after a bad dream.

I smile and nod my head. Mama gets up and tells me to stay here while she goes and gets some.

She leaves me alone allowing all the trees to look like they've formed into creepy arms.

'Don't tell her Elijah. Or daddy gets it.'

Her sharp voice rung through my hears making me hold them close.

"Please go away."

"Why?" I didn't realize mama was here.

"Sorry, I thought I heard someone." She nodded understanding sat next to me with a bucket of ice cream and handed me a spoon.

"Want to watch Cinderella." I love mama. She gets me.

"Of course." We lean back and she grabs the remote starting the movie.

~•~•~

Bruce's POV:

"What the fuck did you do." I start barging into my office. Kol called me saying he wanted to see, because something happened.

"Why do you always think I did something?"

"Because you're Kol, you always do something. Now talk." I had to leave Anastasia for this.

I secretly like her... but I thinks she knows that.

Today was Elijah's birthday and I got him the shoes. I might have looked at the card for the macaroon box out of jealousy but who cares.

"I want you to meet my girlfriend on Wednesday."

"You brought me here, to tell me this. You could have fucking told my this over the phone." I said gripping his collared shirt.

"Relax bro."

"Since when do you have a girlfriend?" I said letting go and walking to sit on my chair.

"Since I met Claudia." That name sounded so familiar. Why.

"Why do I have to be there?"

"Your my brother. I want my brother to know my girlfriend." He said in a duh tone.