20 | Reasoning

Bruce's POV:

How could she do that to me. I thought we were doing a lot better than that. I thought I could trust her, but of course she had to ruin it for herself.

She broken my trust and got mad at me. It was unjustified of me for calling her a bitch, but my mouth had a mind of it's own.

I couldn't stand being there with her, so I did the thing I could think of. I left for work, spending most of the day there.

I had been spending so much time with her, the amount of work, is only pilling up.

I come back to an empty penthouse. All the light turned off. Everything just the way I left it, only without the person I wanted here most.

Even after she hurt me, I still can't help but seek her presence. I huff putting my things on the table by the elevator and walking to the kitchen.

I start making a bowl of cereal, one of my favourite dinners. Putting the cereal in, then adding the milk.

I sat on the stool eating my food, while having one person on my mind.

Anastasia.

I woke up this morning to the sound of a phone going off crazily. I reached over and it's my brother asking her to come over. She's been cheating on me with my brother.

I just came up with the excuse, that it was her drinking last night, that was the problem. I don't know what I'm gonna do, I can't go without seeing her.

There's still a little feeling inside me, telling me maybe I'm being paranoid and that she's not cheating.

But I'm too stubborn to admit my mistake to her. The only problem is, is that she's just as or maybe even more stubborn than myself.

I huff as I sit on my office chair trying to concentrate on the work I have to do. I have a business meeting in less than a hour, so I need to get myself together.

I check my phone, in hopes of seeing her name pop up. But it's nothing besides text from other random workers.

I just don't see how my brother could do this to me, so I have a little faith that I'm just being extra. And that my girl's not cheating on me.

~~~

Nate's POV:

The rooms pitch black as I lay in the love of my lives arms. She's so perfect. But of course the bitch's family had to ruin everything for me and her.

We were happy until she took everything from us. Ms. Anastasia Eve Sanchez. That role was supposed to Maya's but she rudely ignored Maya's request and kicked her out of the building.

It was 2 years ago.

Flashback: ( The story is from Maya's POV:)

I walk into the office excited about getting a job. Me and Nate were running low on cash, and this job is supposed to pay well.

I clear my throat and opened the large doors revealing hopefully my new office building. My smile doesn't flatter, but gets bigger by the second.

"Where is Ms. Sanchez's office?"

"Floor 30." She wasn't rude but her attitude wasn't the nicest either.

I thanked her and walk to the elevator where I pressed the highest floor being 30. I walk around the elevator slowly getting nervous.

The door opens showing New York from the big window which was ceiling length.

"Ms. Lopez?" I turn to see a good looking man around his late 30's. He smiled as I nodded and walked forward.