25 | Court

Anastasia's POV:

I walk up feeling nothing around me, having no worth. I furrow my brows, rubbing my eyes open.

I look around Bruce's bedroom seeing it empty. I remove the duvet off my body, stretching myself out.

I walk to the bathroom, doing everything necessary. I spit the remaining toothpaste out of my mouth. I rinse my mouth, with the water from the tap cleaning my face along the way.

I walk out of the room, feeling the cold wood against my feet. I hear laughter in the kitchen.

I walk myself to the kitchen seeing both Bruce and Elijah sitting on the kitchen counter, laughing at a joke.

I smile at the scene in front of me, wishing it could be like this all the time.

But it can't.

At least not until later today.

If he chooses me.

A part of me hopes he'd choose me. Hoping I'll be a better mother for the child that deserves it more than anything.

But another part of me, knows it would be fine if he left. If he agreed with me, understanding he'd probably have a better life if he just left.

"Mama, come eat." His smile so bright, it hurts to feel that maybe he might not be with me tomorrow.

I smile giving him the best one I can. I walk over to him kissing his forehead longer than usual.

You can't leave me.

I shut my eyes feeling him in my hold. I smile content with what I've done and pulling away.

Bruce grips onto my hand bringing me to his side, and kissing my cheek.

"I didn't want to wake you."

"Thank you." Truth be told.

I don't think I've gotten more than 20 hours of sleep in the last 4 days.

I feel like everything's just slipping away, including time.

I watch as Elijah takes the white bowl on the side of the counter bringing it closer to himself. He pours the cereal already taken out, along with the milk at the side.

"Come Mama, I already poured you some." I smile taking a seat next to the little boy, I failed helping.

I know he's still hurt. I know he's hurt about everything.

But I know he's most hurt, that the one person he trusted most, didn't realize he was hurting. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself even if Elijah does.

I try to ignore my thoughts, wanting to make the last of my time, just in case. I smile as he talks about a dream he had, telling every detail and starting again when he realized he forgot a part. I laugh at the jokes, that come along the show.

I just paid attention, which is what I should have done.

"And then the dinosaur came running after me. But since I'm of course the main character. I couldn't die. So me and the Dino became best friends, and he helped me kill the monster."

"That a cool dream." Bruce replied.

"I know, I wonder what will be my dream today."

I smile finishing my last bite of the cereal in my bowl, taking Elijah's already finished one.

"Thank you, Mama."

"Anything baby." I kiss his forward, then look down at his outfit.

"Who's clothes are these."