39 | Wedding

Anastasia's POV :

I can't believe today is finally the day.

Months ago Bruce proposed to me by creating an illusion that it was actually Claudia's proposal. Now I'm getting ready with my two bride's maids May and Claudia. I couldn't choose who would be the maid of honour so I decided I didn't want anyone to be the maid of honour.

They're both important to be and I just couldn't choose.

But my mind was elsewhere. I was struggling to write my vows. I knew Bruce's vows were going to be amazing and I wanted to top them. After the little speech he gave me while proposing, I just knew I had to beat him.

 I wanted to express just how much he meant to me and how grateful I was to have him in my life. "Girls, do you have any ideas for my vows?" I asked, turning to my sister and best friend.

They both thought for a moment before my sister said, "Well, you could start with how you met and how you fell in love. That's always a great place to start."

My best friend nodded in agreement. "And you could talk about all the little things he does that make you love him even more. Like how he always thoughtful and puts you first, or something like that." 

I considered their ideas but nothing seemed quite right. I wanted to express my feelings in a way that was unique and special to us. I wanted to show him that I really did appreciate him.

As they continued to help me get ready, I tried to focus on my vows. But the words just wouldn't come. My mind was a jumble of emotions and thoughts. I wanted to tell him everything, but I couldn't find the right words.

May did the finishing curls to my hair, and Claudia held my bouquet of flowers in her hands. I wanted a very simple hair look, so I just curled them and tucked the front two pieces behind my ears. She grinned as she handed them to me. "Don't stress it, when you see him. You'll know exactly what to say." She pulled me forward and hugged me. 

I gave my sister and wiped a tear that had managed to fall. "Ready?" May asked. I nodded and she opened the door for me. There was a room in the venue where the bride or groom could get ready, so I thought it was best to get ready here.

Then we wouldn't have to struggle with getting my dress into the car, and that would be uncomfortable for everyone. I locked arms with May and with my vacant hand I held Claudia's hand. 

We stood in front of the double doors and I sighed. This was happening. After months of preparations, it was finally happening. One of the venue workers opened the doors for us and the priest announced my arrival. 

I looked at everyone and smiled. When I took my first step inside, they look said a quick good luck and hurried off to their seats.

As I make my way down the aisle, I can feel the eyes of all our guests upon me. It's both exhilarating and nerve-wracking at the same time. I focus on the end of the aisle where Bruce stands waiting for me, trying to shut out everything else.

But then, I catch a glimpse of him, and it's like the world slows down. All the people, the decorations, the music, everything fades away. It's just me and him, and the love we share. A smile spreads across my face, and I feel my nervousness dissipating.

As I get closer, I notice something odd. Bruce turns away and covers his face. For a moment, I'm confused, but then he reveals that he's crying. Tears are streaming down his face, and it's both touching and amusing at the same time.

I can't help but laugh lightly at the sight. I realize that his emotions have gotten the best of him, and it makes me feel loved and cherished. Seeing him cry just shows me how much he cares about me and how much this moment means to him.