Chapter 28

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 28:

-Jennie's POV-

The breeze swept my hair back as soon as the elevator doors opened as I chuckled to myself.

I childishly skipped up the tower, revealing who was standing there with a nice tux on. Zayn.

I gasped, frozen with wide eyes as I stopped in my spot.

'Oh my god.' Was the only three words circulating my head. It was.. It was him! Part of me said it would be him, and I was right about it. Wow.. Just, it's crazy to think that he's liked me all along.

"Hey." I smiled as we walked up to each other. He gave me a hug as I hugged him back tightly.

"You look beautiful, tonight." He nods.

"Just like in the note, right?" I chuckled lightly as he smiled.

"I really do like you a lot, Jennie." Zayn goes.

I nodded. "And I think I do too." I say with a smile not sure where this was all going to go to.

"C-can I kiss you?" He whispers.

I nodded slowly letting him lean in as our lips were about to touch at this moment. Once my lips planted on his, we were both kissing back at this moment, but..

Was it bad that I didn't even get a spark? Not one feeling. Nothing.

Behind us, I hear someone who was panting, but then it stopped. I pulled away, twirling around to see it was Harry.

I bit my lip, seeing that tears immediately were brought to his eyes. He even had this nice suit on and flowers in his hands. The flowers drop as he shakes his head, turning back around to leave.

I closed my eyes, me hurting slightly too. Which was weird. But.. I think I just got this feeling to run after him.

"Zayn, I'm sorry. But.. I think, I.. I-I think I----"

"It's Harry." He finishes for me as I nodded sorrowfully.

"It's just that.. I have this crazy feeling whenever I'm with him, and I can't believe I just realized all of this right now. To sum it all up, I'm in love with my best friend." I quickly say.

He nods understandingly. "Go get him. It's okay, Jennie." He smiled weakly.

I smiled back, hugging him tightly and planting a kiss on his cheek. "Any girl would be lucky to have you, Zayn."

"I know." He chuckled as I laughed once we both pulled away from the hug.

I run the opposite way, picking up the flowers and pull my heels off in a groan. I run barefoot to the elevator, immpatiently waiting until it reached the bottom. Harry couldn't have gone far yet.

I ran as fast as I could down the same streets, seeing him just right about to cross the road.

"HARRY! WAIT!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, feeling the rain immediately start. Ughh. Just my luck.

He's obviously ignoring me, because he just crossed the road without taking a glance at me as I groaned, running after him.

Once I was just a couple of steps behind him, I decided to give shouting another shot. "HARRY WOULD YOU STOP?!" I shouted over the pouring rain. I didn't care how I looked like. All that mattered was what I was going to tell him right now. I bet my mascara was streaming down my cheeks now and my eye liner was smudged, but who cared. Seriously.

"For what, Jennie? So that you could tell me that you don't like me in that way again? I love you, okay? Is that so hard to understand?!" He shouts back as I walked up to him with tears in my eyes. But I was pretty sure that you couldn't notice since it was raining at the same time.