Chapter 53 -last chapter-

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 53:

-Jennie's POV-

"Thanks, come again!" Mom smiles at the two girls as I handed them their cupcakes, and they hand me two dollars in exchange. They earn hugs from Harry as they leave with wide grins on their faces.

This was working pretty good, I guess you could say. This is the first time the bakery has ever got this many costumers before. We have gotten over half of the girls out as I smiled over at Harry on the other side of the counter.

He sends the smile back, hugging the next group of girls before they leave.

"Thank you." I mouthed as he nods, his dimples prominent on both sides of his cheeks.

-------------

-Harry's POV-

Once we had cleared the bakery out, we were all pretty exhausted.

Jennie sat in the stool in front of the cash register, putting her head down.

I smiled, taking her by surprise as I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. She jumped slightly, picking her head up as she turned around.

"God damn, Harry." Jennie breathed out. "I thought you were some physchopath."

I laughed in triumph. I mean all I wanted to do was scare her, and I accomplished that.

Jennie squirmed with my touch, turning herself around as I closed the gap between our bodies.

"Harry," She sighed, shaking her head as she pulled away, biting her lip.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I.. I really have to tell you something." Jennie fidgets slightly.

"If this'll be something bad, please warn me," I look at her cautiously.

She shook her head. "It's.. Well it's kind of bad for me, but.. Just understand me when I say this." She breathes out, looking at me with soft eyes.

I nod for her to continue.

A moment of silence passes before she gets herself to tell me. "I'm dropping out of college." She blurted out.

"What?" My eyes widened, pretty taken aback by her words.

"Yeah. I am."

"B-but why? You can't just do that, you've worked so hard to get into that school." I looked at her confusedly.

"I'm.. I'm doing this for us, Harry. I don't want to lose you again just because of the trouble I get myself into."

"For us?"

"Yes, for us." She nods once. "I don't want to lose you." She repeats in a whisper.

I had a loss of words as I stared at her in astonishment. "A-are you sure you want to do this? Let go of everything you worked so hard for? Because of me?" The last part was barely above a whisper either.

Jennie nods, without hesitation. "I'd do anything, just to make sure I'll be with you. I'd do anything for you." She pulled a small smile, looking up at me.

I grabbed both her hands, entwining them with my fingers as I squeezed her hands softly. "I love you."

Jennie nods, taking me into a hug as I planted a kiss on the top of her head.

It seemed just everything was going perfectly fine. And it made me happy.

The question I was supposed to ask her that night of the date came to mind as I groaned, face palming.