Chapter 1

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 1:

*FLASHBACK*

"So... You're just.. Leaving?" I asked, hanging my apron on a hanger.

"Jennie, I want to go do something with my life. I wanna give it a shot." He said.

"What about White Eskimo?"

"It was just a temporary thing. Now I really want to take singing to another level." He says.

"I'm okay with whatever you want, but.. What about your life here? By your life here, I mean me, Anne, Gemma, and everyone else." I looked into his eyes as we were closing the bakery up for the night.

"Jennie, I'm gonna come back for you. I wouldn't forget my cupcake girl would I?" He tried to cheer me up as he took me into a hug.

"Okay. Now you really have to stop calling me that." I laughed.

"No! It became your official nickname." He argued.

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you do me one thing if you actually get through X Factor." I muttered as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Don't change, for anything or anyone." I look up at him.

"Never. Bestie's promise." He holds out a pinkie and we do our promise handshake.

I smiled weakly, linking pinkies with him.

"What are you gonna sing?" I asked.

"You know what, I'm gonna audition with Isn't She Lovely for you. So when you see me on tv singing it, you got to think of me. And that I'm singing it to you." He says, also taking his apron of and hanging it next to mine.

I smirked. "Well then we'll see if you actually get in, Harold."

"Jennie, just pray that I will." He says.

I nodded. "Don't get nervous. You'll do good." I reassured.

"I'll call you every single night Jennie I promise. Then I'll face time with you, then I'll come back, and then we'll----"

"Yes Harry, we'll do everything when you come back." I laughed as he grinned, enveloping me in a solid hug.

"I'll be back before you know it." He mumbled, ruffling my hair playfully.

"Yup. I know," I smiled.

"You closing the bakery, or do you want me to?" He asked.

"No it's alright. I'll just see you when I get back home. When are you leaving, again?"

"Tomorrow morning." He smiled.

"Alright. Yeh, I can close it, don't worry about it." I say.

"See you sweety cheeks." Harry smiled at the door, putting his jacket on.

"Later loser." I tried to sound okay with a light chuckle.

He smirked, not arguing as he pushed the door open.

Once I knew he was out of sight and that I was alone in the bakery, I sat down shakily at a booth in the bakery.

I couldn't cry, I wasn't going to cry.. This was a moment I had to be happy for him.

But I couldn't stop myself. I burst into tears as I buried my face in my hands, sobbing uncontrollably.

Well, obviously college was something I had to do solo. As in, ALONE.