Chapter 50

A/N: Some news and important messages down at the last A/N! Make sure to read it after this chapter! :)

------------------------------------

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 50:

-Jennie's POV-

Mom had layed out one of my decent white tops that I barely wore, along with a polka dotted skirt and a red headband.

"Mom, this isn't the 90's." I sighed, looking at her sternly.

"It's the exact same thing I wore when me and your dad went on our first date." She smiled weakly.

I breathed out, pondering. "I guess I could wear it." I shrugged.

Mom smiled widely, hugging me tightly. "Then I'll do your make up." She grinned.

"I think I can handle the make up." I chuckled lightly.

"You sure?" She asks.

I nodded.

"Get dressed, sweetheart." She sing songed, before shutting my room door behind her once she left.

I picked up the clothes, mom had found for me. Looking at them once more, I had started to strip off, slipping the pieces of clothing on one by one.

-Harry's POV-

"Don't forget the blazer!" Gemma beamed, helping me put it on as she clapped her hands, getting all jumpy.

"I look pretty good." I say, noticing it sounded pretty vain right after.

She rolled her eyes. "Wait til Jennie gets a hold of you!" She was about to exit through my door.

I smirked. "Gem.." I stopped her as she twirled around, still smiling.

"I.. I think I'm finally in love." I say seriously.

"Yeah, with your best friend. Wow." She nods, also as surprised as I am.

Through the months that passed, I had slowly started to realize the feelings I had grown for my best friend. Not only my best friend, but also my co worker at the bakery I used to work at.

As others say, sometimes what you've always been searching for could be just right in front of you. It really isn't about the past. The past is what results to the future, and I know that you've just got to let go. But Jennie was in my past. And I never ever even thought of letting her get away that easily. We've grown a lot, honestly. To think that I had missed two years of being with her back then, it ruined me to think I had just forgotten about her. I still remembered the day she told me she hated me and never wanted to see me again once I tried to talk to her. I knew her way to well to believe in that, so I gave it a shot. To come back for her. And to come back for us.

Nobody will ever compare to Jennie. And I can't believe I had just figured all this out right now. Back then, I used to always search for a girl to be with. Take Taylor for instance. I honestly haven't talked to her in awhile now, since Taylor found out that I had grown these sudden feelings for my cupcake girl..

I don't want to be showy, but whenever I was with Taylor, I could see that small look of doubt in Jennie's eyes. And now I've realized.

"Harry!" I find Gemma screaming in my face.

"Wha? Huh?" I shot my head up at her.

"You were like frozen for a second there." She chuckled, amusedly.

"I'm sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

"Well don't want to keep the girl waiting, do you?" Gemma motioned, setting a hand on her hip.