The Sacred Animals of Wintervale

Chapter One Part Five

The crowd is silent as if they are in shock by what just happened. The gold dragon that had done nothing during The Culling just ate two guards. I look at my hand where the sword hit me it's now covered in ice, it stops the cut from bleeding and the pain is numbed by the cold. This healing ability comes from my connection with The Ice Dragons and Snow Leopards, most likely my dragon's blood. I'm not sure I even want to get up. I have no interest in entertaining the people who have enslaved me for the last ten years. I should just lay here and do nothing who knows maybe they will leave me alone if I do.

The gold dragon walks over to me and sniffs me. Not just part of me but from my head to my toes and back up.

"Mine" he says and licks my face.

I am even more shocked right now. as far as I know dragons only lick other family members with a few exceptions when it comes to mated dragons it is taken as a sign of affection and depending on the relationship the dragons have it can be taken in many different ways. The gold dragon walks around me I lay there with no intention of ever moving and sniffs and lick me again. This time my entire face, yuck. I wipe at my face the dragon just watched me amused.

He nudges me with his noes trying to get me to move. I have no intention of doing that so I just stay still. The dragon growls in frustration.

"You are mine. Move."

"I have no intention of moving I tell him. I am not going to be there entertainment."

The dragon cocks his head to the said as if contemplating what I just said. He lays down next to me and sniffs me again. Why does he keep sniffing me? I'm not going to change scents.

I am not afraid of him if he wanted to hurt me he would have. Instead he has claimed me as his. I look into his black eyes. I feel as if I am being pulled into his eyes a strange feeling comes over me. It's not a bond forming I would know we are taught all about how it will feel when we bond with our animals. This is different it feel as if he is pulling at something within me. It is a bond of some sort, I think. It's not like two halves one dragon and one human. I don't know how to explain it, not in words I don't think actions would even be enough. All I know is that what I feel and that is he is mine but I have no idea why he is mine.

It's strange no one ever told me about anything like this. I touch the dragons golden snout. I feel heat coming from his scales the feel is strangely familiar I'm not sure why. I am even more confused but he licks me again with the tip of his tongue on the side of my face.

I feel the overwhelming urge to do the same, after all he is mine.

Kyresan's POV

"What the hell brother. Control your dragon."

My younger brother glared at me. With a deadly glare from me my younger brother stopped talking and looked to be afraid of me for a moment.

"Your dragon was supposed to kill the slaves not the guards."

I sigh. I feel something strange coming from my connection with Kiris. The girl is his.

"Kiris does as he pleases. Maybe those guards should learn not to touch what doesn't belong to them."

I watch as Kiris seeming plays with the girl who seems to have no intention of moving. He sniffs and licks her walks around her as if studying her and he eventually lays down next to her. I feel the strangeness of this through my link with him. I feel draw in as I am not me I am Kiris for a moment. How strange. I snap out of it when my father calls my man.

"Kyresan we need to move on" said a man in a large gold throne.

I ignored him and was watching the scene below. I can feel my dragons mind, and the Kiris noticed this girl while she was still inside a cell. She must have been in one of the cells close to the arena because there are only a few cells with small windows that Kiris would be able to see someone in. I couldn't see the face of the slave that was just thrown into the middle of the arena. This was supposed to be a beast battle. If the slave won the battle she would be free. But these battles only ever ended one way and it's never in freedom. The beast always won. However I get the feeling that Kiris won't allow this battle to happen he will protect what is his. Is this a deep part of a dragons nature? Or something else?