Dragos Must Pay

Prologue Part 9

Iglis's POV

I did not just hear those words; Icera did not just say that someone from Dragos kidnapped our sister.

"Please tell me this is all a mistake."

"It's not a mistake. Don't you get it Iglis? They may not just have Tessa they may have Nao as well. If we don't find them by tomorrow morning we will never see either of them again. The people of Dragos are completely ruthless they kill there slaves over the smallest things."

"Why are they so angry?"

"Tessa called them and now she isn't here."

"Why are they taking it out on Zero?"

"I swore to them I would protect Tessa with my life if they let her come back home and now she's gone."

"That's not your fault."

"Yes it is I should have stayed home and sent Neige to get everyone. It's my fault she's gone."

Sleat landed and my father got down from his back.

"I found several people hiding in the woods its mostly children. Tessa might be among them. It looks like someone of them was able to get away when the carriage went off the path."

Loud roars came from the sky. When I look up I see several dragons flying overhead some even appear to be searching for something. Other keep flying towards the Wintervale boarder.

"Why are there so many of them."

"It's Tessa it has to be she called them."

"Icera that is impossible. Tessa is only ten there is no way she can summon what looks to be a hundred dragons and more are still coming."

"Nothing is impossible when it comes to Tessa" my father say's "Her bond with dragons goes far deeper than being born with dragon blood. You may not remember much from when she was a baby because you were still very young yourself. One time she when she cried she summoned fifteen dragons. Silvi and Blu stayed with us for weeks after that happened because every time they tried to leave she would get upset and call them back. If the Royal Family of Dragos get their hands on her and finds out just how special she is they will kill her."

"She's only a child."

"Do you really think they will care Iglis. Trust me they won't, anyone in that kingdom that is a slave is fair game there are no laws or rules to protect them because they aren't even considered people. Nao is even younger than she is and unlike her he doesn't have the ability to heal himself."

My father walks forward and talks to Sivi and Blu they snap there maws and growl at him. After a few minutes they began to calm down. Zero is allowed to stand up.

"Father we need to do something about Dragos."

"Zero we can't."

"They took Tessa and probably Nao as well. Not to mention they have been kidnapping and killing our people for months maybe even longer. The reason they keep doing it is because we've done nothing to stop them."

"Father, Zero is right. They will be back to get the ones who got away and for those they haven't got their hands on yet."

"We don't have the means to go against them we have no army. We have nothing to protect ourselves from them if or when they come back."

"Yes we do" I interrupt "There's over a hundred dragons here right now."

"Ice dragons will not go to war for us."