Not A True Priest

*Alright finally have 5 votes and 50 views on previous chapter*

Chapter Three Part Five

Kyresan's POV

I am in shock right now. This girl is so disrespectful to me and my family it would get anyone else killed. But now she is protected by several hundred Dragons, not to mention her Snow Leopard. That cat will likely be closer to her than the dragons. The Snow Leopard is smaller and will likely be in the same room with her. It was strange I didn't see it anywhere during the events that took place in the Market today nor was it there when she freed the slaves.

It makes me angry when I think about what those slaves did once free. They stole clothing, food and gold. Some even attacked their former masters who tried to force them back into a collar. When the guards tried to intervene the dragons would get in there way and protect the slaves.

Kol told me what she said to him when he tried to warn her how our father was. She brushed it off and told him she was not afraid and would have hundreds of dragon's protecting her and no one would be able to get to her. Even if the dragons fail to protect her, the Snow Leopard will be at her side. I look at Kiris who looks upset that Tessa left him.

"Hey don't sulk I'm sure you'll see her again soon but it's time to go home now. She can take care of herself."

I start walking home as Kiris takes to the sky.

Tessa's words cut me worse than a sword ever did. In her eyes I am not a Prince nor am I a Priest. She says I don't understand what a Priest truly is. I was made a priest by my Aunt and I have been one for the last ten years. Yet that girl tells me I am not one. I can't help but try and look at her point of view. Her people were stolen and her religion was turned into something it wasn't meant to be. My aunt is the one who adapted it for the people of Dragos.

I decided to head to the temple instead of my home. Guards bow to me as I walk. When I get to the temple I see many freed slaves praying and speaking to my Aunt. I know they are freed because they have no collar but are still wearing there slave clothes.

"Kyresan, what brings you here so late?" My aunt seems surprised when she sees me.

The slaves all react with fear and flea the chapel area before my Aunt can stop them.

"Don't worry I will tell them you are not going to put them back in chains. They have had a rough day. If not for Sephiran they would have been killed in Arena this morning."

"Wait what" I am surprised but I shouldn't be.

Sephiran tried to leave when he saw young children in The Culling, but my father refused to allow him to. So he had Gritt come back and take two claw's full of people away. They were mostly the younger ones who were cowering by the wall.

"Yes after the opening of The Arena he forced the slave merchant to free them because they survived and he sent them to me knowing they would be safe here. So what are you doing here, other than scaring away former slaves?"

"Have you heard what happened in the Market today?"

"Yes I've heard of this Tessa girl. Good for her,that girl knows how to get things done."

"She burned the slave market to the ground and you saying that's a good thing."

"Yes it is a good thing. She is putting an end to all of this. People should not own other people, it is wrong."

"Is that so? Is killing our people to do that right?"

"Killing anyone is wrong no matter what one's reason is. They were warned, let the slaves go or die."