The Ice Dragon Nest

Prologue Part Five

I never want to leave I have never felt like I truly belonged somewhere this strongly before not even at home with my family. I'm not sure how long I've been gone. It feels like a long time though. The silver and blue dragons haven't told me there name but they did find me food when I needed to eat. Only one left at a time. The silver dragon is a female and the sapphire blue one is her mate. After the dragon dance I was taken into the nest and I've been there ever since. I'm in no hurry to leave for some reason. I want to stay here but I know deep down that I can't I need to go home. My family is probably freaking out that I'm gone. They may already be looking for me.

I doubt they would even think of looking here in the dragons nest for me. It's a forbidden place after all and all trespassers are never seen again. I don't understand why I am not considered a trespasser or why I feel so at home here. But the two dragons that have been taking care of me remind me of something I can't quite remember. Maybe I was too young to remember. I look outside the storm has completely stopped now. I'm in the lower part of the nest it's a small climb to get to where I am but I was carried here. I was so tiered I wasn't walking very fast so the silver dragon carried me on her back.

The silver dragon has been giving off a protective mother vibe and when it's her turn to hunt she is very reluctant to do so. Her mate has been bringing in extra food for her and last night the silver dragons was forced to go hunt because her mate didn't want to leave he curled up behind me and wouldn't move. He's been giving off a protective father vibe. They sort of remind me of my parents and how they are so protective that I can't leave the village on my own even though other kids my age can. I wonder if it's because I'm the youngest girl. It probably is.

I get up from the makeshift bed I'm in. The first time I woke up here I woke up on a bed of straw. I'm not sure where it came from but the dragons seemed to understand I couldn't sleep on ice like they can. And the food they brought me was already cooked. I wonder if someone gave it to them so they could give it to me. I look out into the distance and see dragons coming and going as they please. Even baby dragons are flying around and playing with one another. There are two baby dragons that were in this part of the Dragon Nest they were very curious about me and kept sniffing me and when I slept they slept right next to me. One time I woke up with their heads on me and I couldn't really move. Until I moved them off of me. They remind me of Nao. Nao is care free and he likes to play a lot. We are almost always together doing something.

I take in a deep breath taking in the cold air. I feel much better now and the cold doesn't bother me at all no matter how long I am out in it. I think I've just adapted to the extreme cold of the far north. The wind picks up a little bit but the sky is completely clear. I go back inside and walk over to the water basin and get a drink. I noticed that the dragons can control ice at will they can make it expand or retract it. I'm not sure why the water doesn't freeze as cold as it can get in the nest. But I suppose if they wanted me to know they would tell me.

I sit back down on my bed. The silver dragon move closer to me allowing me to lean against her. I feel so at peace right now. I'm not sure if it's the quiet or if it's something else altogether. I close my eyes and my breathing syncs with the dragons breathing. I get another strange feeling. It feels like something deep within me is also syncing it's breathing with the silver dragon. I'm not sure what it is or why I feel this way but I like it, it feels nice. I'm human but I don't feel out of place here not the way I do when I home sometimes. Something in the air changes and I hear aggressive growling. I open my eyes and I'm not lying against the silver dragon any more.

When I look at her she's standing at her full massive height and growling viciously at something at the entrance. I follow her eye line and gasp. Zero is standing there bowing to the dragon and showing that he means no harm.