For Your Entertainment

Chapter One Part Three

The guards shoved me into a cell and kick me in the ribs. It takes me awhile to be able to move. When I look around me I am alone the other prisoners are where the guards can grab them as the events change from one to the other. I look around my cell and see a window. I stand on an empty bucket to see outside.

I am in the cells of The Dragon Arena, why is it called the Dragon Arena. That is easy there are five massive dragon statues around the arena overlooking the audience and The Royal Family. Also there are two dragon statues at the entrance they tower over those who are coming in and if the rumors are true there is another statue at the exit and was created to look as if were about to strike. Even though it's only a statue it still strikes fear in people.

The Royal Family of Dragos rules by instilling fear in its citizens. One of the most terrifying jobs in Dragos is that of a servant in the Palace. If what people say is true some of the Princesses of the palace are pure evil. They kill whoever they want whenever they want and it doesn't matter if they do nothing wrong. I've heard that many of The Princes Concubine's fight and kill one another just to get a little attention from there Prince. New Concubine's are treated like trash and if they are pretty they are killed within a week surviving a month is a fight, especially if a princess becomes jealous of another girl for any reason.

I have never stepped into the Palace and I never will. I'll die today do I care not really my suffering will end. I am disappointed that I was unable to connect to my home before I die. I can still my Dragon blood running hot through my veins it wants me to fight to live however it is pointless to try and fight I refuse to fight for my life just so they can be entertained for a few minutes.

Something in the middle of the arena catches my eye. It's the statue of a dragon. That's a strange place for a statue is it for people to try to hide behind it in order to try and save their lives for a few extra minutes? The more I look at it the more I do not believe it is a true statue. I could swear I saw its eyes blink.

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to The Dragon Arena" someone yelled.

Their voice was magnified by something that allowed everyone in the arena to hear him.

"Are you all ready to begin The Spring Festival?

The crowd cheered.

"Well we have a special opening for you this year your seventh prince, Sephiran will open this year's festival."

The crowd cheered so loud it hurt my ears.

"I want you all to join me in whishing Prince Sephiran a happy twentieth birthday.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCE SEPHIRAN" the crowd shouted.

"Now please welcome PRINCE SEPHIRAN" The man in the arena ran to the nearest exit and a man was carried in on a throne by slaves. The throne was placed next to the dragon statue. I watched as the slaves cowered before it. Now I'm certain the Dragon blinked.

The prince got off of the throne and walked down the three steps and bowed to the crowed which cheered some even began chanting the Princes name. The prince held up both of his hands in the air and the crowed went silent.

Prince Sephiran's POV

I stood there with my arms in the air looking over the crowed. Everyone had gone silent the moment I raised my hands. I like to entertain people and I'm good at it to. I don't have it as bad as five older brothers seem to. My father forced Kyresan, Kol, Novis, Embros and Lukirs to oversee cities near the boarders. Kol was the least unhappy about being forced into doing something he didn't want to do.

Kyresan spent the last nine years becoming a priest. My father frowned on it but He saw it through and now has a new title for his years of trouble he is now Prince Kieran Kyresan it means The Priest Prince although most people just call him Prince Kieran. Kol wasn't happy about the new title he can't see how Kyresan could become a priest when he only values the life of nobles or people he believes are important not the lives Aunties religion is based on. Her teachings mostly came from Wintervale when she spent five years there, now that same religion calls my brother a priest when he doesn't care for the lives of those who taught it to our Aunt in the first place. Kol is not the only one confused.