The Priest Prince

Prologue Part 10

Kyresan's POV

I am sitting in a temple listening to my aunt Vexia speak to someone about some of the troubles they have been going through. I mostly watch and observe now. I used to far more involve in the temple then I am now. My Aunt thinks I have become tainted from war and she doesn't seem to want me to be here anymore.

I let out a sigh and get up. I find the broom I might as well do something useful and keep the place clean. I wish my aunt didn't hate me now. I am a Prince of Dragos after all and a prince can be called into battle at any time and at any age as long as they are older than fifteen. I was called to battle when my uncle died. He was known as a one man army and an assassin got into his camp and poisoned him and several of his men with a very slow working poison and it made him weak when the battle started and the other side managed to kill him.

His dragon, Granit went mad with grief and burned everything in sight even many of our own men. My Aunt had to go and calm him down because he wouldn't listen to anyone not even my father. My father and uncle were twins and unlike me and Kol they were identical right down to their dragons. Only Granit was a little darker gray than Onyx. My aunt gave birth two weeks later to their only child Auris . She said his name means light. But I have never heard that name before. It must be something she picked up on her travels all over Aroura Rain.

I hear a loud crash and look over to see Cinder knocking over one of the light basins. This little dragon is getting on my nerves a little bit. The reason he is called Cinder is because he like to play with the fire basins. The little red dragon looks at me and then runs away. I let out a sigh. Sometimes I think he knocks basins over on purpose. But he is just a baby after all and his other half is probably taking a nap.

"Hey there brother."

I look up and see Vex and Kol walking towards me.

"I see auntie has you on cleaning duty" Kol looked like he wanted to laugh.

"She doesn't but ever since I got back she has refused to allow me to get involved with the temple so I figured I would at least try to make myself useful."

"Looks like your slipping you missed a spot" Kol pointed to the mess Cinder just made.

"We are here because father would like to see you."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"If it's to go to another battlefield I'll pass. Kol can go this time."

"I am a lover not a fighter. If I have to leave Dragos to prove that to father, I will. Father can kiss my ass."

"It's your duty as a Prince of Dragos."

"No it's not that honor belongs to Novis he was the one who trained under Uncle Brun and he is of age now. So there is no need for me to do anything. The only reason you were allowed to come back is because he turned sixteen."

"Kol enough. I know you are a decent fighter."

"No Vex it's not enough. I'm only a trained as a fighter because father made me. However I refuse to go to war for a Kingdom full of selfish and lazy people who don't know how or can't do anything for themselves."

"Why is he so angry?"

"Father gave him the southern territory this morning so he could guard to southern border between Dragos and Veilios."

"Hello boy's" my aunt Vexia walks over to us and hugs Vex and Kol.

"Hi auntie" Kol lifted her off the ground.