Regaining Strength

Chapter Two Part One (I hope everyone enjoys this chapter)

The servants had scrambled quickly to follow the Princes order. They ran me a hot bath and then scrambled to find me something to wear. They had no idea what my new status is so they have no idea what color to put me. I've always preferred the icy blue color myself but the servant's had glared at me when I told them what color I liked. Blue is only reserved for those who are married to the royal family or high ranking officials so they refused to my color request.

I should be able to wear whatever I like, I do not belong to The Dragos Empire and I have never considered this place my home. I would have returned home a long time ago but the slave collar made it difficult to do much of anything in this Kingdom. The servants decided to put me in pink. The color of a low level concubine and I glared at them when they offered me the dress. I am not a concubine and I refuse to be seen as one. I had no choice but to be seen as a slave but now I have a choice. Wearing pink in this Kingdom is not something I would take any pride in wearing, ever. But the servants seem at a complete loss as to what I should wear.

I put on the dress after I give Nala a bath. She was almost as dirty as me. I don't have any intention of staying here. For the first time in ten years I am free to go home and that is what I intend to do. I'll need gold to go that far and if the wall is as big and as wide as the Prince says it is it will be difficult to return home. I may not be able to go home at all. No I can't think like that. I will get home one day it may not be today but I will. I have to think positively. When the Prince returns I will ask him to return me home. If he refuses to take me I will go myself. Someone knocks on the door and it opens before I can say anything. A servant carrying a large tray of food and what looks to be wine enters the room. A second servant enters the room with a tray full of nothing but raw or half cooked meat. The second servant looked nervous as she slowly made her way to Nala. But Nala stayed where she was with her eyes locked on the tray of meat. When the servant placed the tray on the ground Nala ran to the tray and started to eat the meat. Her sudden movement had terrified the servant and she fell backwards and then froze with fear. But Nala was only interested in eating the meat that had been brought to her.

The first tray is placed on a table and it's filled with mostly fruits, vegetables and different types of cheeses. Where is the meat? Fruits and vegetables are nice and all but if I'm going to get stronger in any way at all I'll need meat. I can't make the long journey home without it. I look over the tray again and what looks like cut up cooked fish is in a small portion. I look at Nala's tray of meat she defiantly got the better meat. I guess I could ask for something else but I'm sure they went through a lot of trouble preparing the food for me and Nala. The servants leave the room quickly. I eat almost everything on the tray. I never cared for fish and on occasion it was small pieces of fish that kept me alive. But if I don't have to eat it I won't. I give my fish to Nala and she eats it happily. I try a drink of the wine and I won't be doing that again its very sweet and I don't really care for it. I look at the water basin that was just replaced when the servants brought in the food. I take a couple of handfuls of water and then place it next to Nala for when she's ready for it.

I let out a long sigh and take a good look around the room I'm in now. The decor is very simple. It's likely this room is used for guest or for those only visiting for a short time. It's still beautiful though. A large balcony is outside a set of glass doors. I open the windows to let in some air and the balcony doors. This room is a little stuffy and I can see the trees outside moving quite often when the wind blows. It's a nice feeling. I step outside and the sun feels so good on my skin. Nala is more interested in eating her food than anything I'm doing right now, she's licking the tray clean it must be the first meal she's had since she was brought here. When she's done I pick up the tray and place it outside the room with my tray.

I go back on to the balcony. There is a table with four chairs around it. There is also two lawn chairs. One of which is now occupied by Nala. I sit beside her and pet her, she purrs as I do. I hope she doesn't stay in the sun to long it is not good for us winter creatures to get too hot. The heat can make us sick. That's why over the years I've cut myself just to have ice to cover the wound. It helped some I was never allowed to take a bath and the hot water my former mistress poured on me made me too hot and weakened me a little. I probably would have been fine if I was properly fed. But slaves can only eat by stealing food or the rotten food scraps that servants don't want to eat.

I hear a knock on the door. Nala doesn't move so I'm guessing it must be someone's scent she recognizes or she can tell the person isn't a threat. I get up and answer the door. It's a woman with dark brown hair and lightly tanned skin. She's wearing a pink dress and some gold jewelry. She smiles at me and introduces herself.