Kieran's First Concubine

Chapter Two Part Two

"Hello I am Sarra. I am Prince Kieran's first concubine. It's nice to meet you."

"Hello" I say I'm at a loss for words right now does this woman think that I am here to replace her? "I am Tessa."

"May I come in so we can speak more comfortably?"

"Ah, yes sure, this is your home after all you don't need my permission to enter a room."

"It's your home now to" Lady Sarra steps inside and sits at the table near the window "I'm very glad you're here now."

"Why is that? I've been under the impression that concubines don't like it when someone new enters the household."

"We'll I'm not like most concubines and I'm really only here thanks to my prince's kindness."

"What do you mean?"

"It's not something I like to talk about but I was once a servant in the palace. Prince Kieran made his concubine to protect me."

"I'm not familiar with the Royal family I was sent to the Arena to die this morning."

"Prince Kieran is the second son of the Emperor and The Empress. He's considered a military genius and when he fights they say it's like he's possessed by the god of war himself."

"I see he's the one The Emperor sends to kill his enemy's."

"He's also a very good man. He protected me by making me his concubine."

"You were raped weren't you?" I ask.

I've seen many people like her before, servants and slaves are a big target when it comes to rape. I've seen women kill themselves after finding out they are pregnant with the child of the man who rapped them. If they don't take their own lives some concubines will in order to remove any illegitimate heirs. It's not a pretty sight. It's never happened to me and despite how beautiful my old masters said I was, for some reason they never tried to touch me.

I wonder if it's because of the dragon blood I have. My father is the chief of my village and one of very few in Wintervale who has both a Snow Leopard and an Ice Dragon. I also know his Ice Dragon has been with him since birth. My mother also had an Ice Dragon after her quest to find her spirit animal. Those traits got passed on to my brothers and me. But as far as I know my brothers didn't have their dragons at birth. But I never asked either. When I was taken I was with my grandmother she had a Snow Leopard I'm not sure what happened to her or anyone else when the village was raided.

"How do you know that?"

"Slaves and servants are constant targets for it. I've seen woman kill themselves after learning they had become pregnant as a result. If they don't some concubines will to remove any chance of an illegitimate heir being born. Just because a child is illegitimate doesn't mean they can't claim their father's title or wealth when they become of age."

"Oh."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of it wasn't your fault."

"I get told that a lot. My prince helped me and made me his concubine he swore he would never touch me. It's not that I don't want him to. I just can't get what happened out of my mind."

"It's understandable. But I don't understand why you're so happy that I am here."

"You are Prince Kieran's new concubine, aren't you?"

"Not if I can help it. I want to return home to Wintervale. I was brought here against my will as a child and I have never considered Dragos to be my home. Now I have a chance to go home I'm going to take it. And from what I've heard the people of Wintervale have stopped allowing other kingdoms to walk into our homeland and keep raiding it for slaves."

"Wait your from Wintervale. Truly."

"Yes I am, why?"

"Come with me" Sarra stands up and grabs my hand.

"Follow you to where."

"Just come."

Nala is right beside me as Sarra pulls me from the room and down the stairs. Servants follow us out of the house.

"Will you tell me where you are taking me?"

"There's someone I think you should meet."

She leads me to the Imperial Palace I am unable to keep track of all of the twisting corridors. There are servants who bow as we pass them. Sarra finally stops outside a door, she knocks on it.

"Come in" said a soft voice.

Sarra opens the door and motions me to follow her inside.

"Sarra it's nice to see you, how are you?"

"I am very well my Lady. I want you to meet someone. Lady Aria this is Lady Tessa she is from Wintervale just like you."

The woman inside the room stands up quickly and turns around her eyes widen when they land me as do mine. I know her, we were childhood friends her tribe had come to us from the south to escape the war between Zuris and Dragos. My grandfather had welcomed them with open arms. Aria is three years older than me.

Authors Note: I hope you are all enjoying this story I'm having a good time writing it. Yes the chapters are split up into smaller pieces but there is a word limit for chapters. I am also making sure the chapters are the same for every story app it is on. Thak you all so much for staying tuned to this story.