Future Monsterverse Film Ideas

A/N: So, I have seen a lot of people for a while speculating on what future Monsterverse films could possibly come after Godzilla vs Kong. Some people have speculated on a film to happen after GvK or even before GvK. And while I am aware of the possible "Son of Kong" film that Adam Wingard had talked about, but these Ideas I have were initially before there was even news of that. 

As of now, these are the only ideas for Future Monsterverse films at this moment. There could be others in the future, but we'll have to wait. Also, these ideas aren't too very detailed and I don't think I have much ideas in terms of directors, composers or even writers. I'm merely just giving at least a few things in terms of how a story for a future film could go or why I want a film of it.

Also, I know well that Legendary can't possibly be able to get all of the classic TOHO Kaiju that I'll mention in some of these ideas, but I just thought they would at least be interesting ones to have return.

Rebirth of Mothra Film.

For this film, I would like to have the film be a follow up to King of the Monsters, but with a bit of an unexpected twist. The egg that was said to be found in some of the news articles in KOTM's credits was not Mothra's egg, but rather an egg for Battra, a Titanus Mosura subspecies. 

The newly hatched Battra rampages out of the monarch facility that was built around the egg and nearly ends up killing a few people in the process. Monarch tries to do what it can stop Battra as he rampages across certain parts of the world. And during this, a more smaller team tries to figure out where the actual Mothra's egg is, even determining that she might have already hatched and has been keeping hidden somewhere to leave herself to grow. During their search to find Mothra, it was soon discovered that Battra had awakened to stop a dragonfly like titan known as a Megauirus from awakening and spreading it's offspring around the world. And it's demonstrated to be a massive threat when it takes down Battra in the first battle before flying off somewhere to create a hive somewhere. After the small Monarch team manages to find Mothra, there could be some sort of fairly emotional moment between the human characters and Mothra. Some time later, with both Mothra and Battra both being in their imago forms, Battra would charge in against Megaguirus for a second round, he would have a hard time in that fight as well, having to also deal with some of Megaguirus' currently born Meganula. Before Megaguirus could kill or even have her offspring devour Battra, Mothra appears to assist him in battle and despite them both nearly dying against the massive dragonfly, they do still end up defeating it. Maybe Battra dies or maybe he still lives. Who knows. 

(And one thing to prevent any sort of plot hole, you could explain that maybe Godzilla was too busy having to deal with other currently awakening titans that he couldn't focus directly on Megaguirus or Battra).

Other more simpler ideas are the same but with some differences.

One is just another the same except Battra is in less of an antagonistic light and Godzilla is the antagonist of the film (maybe being angered over the creation of Mechagodzilla and humans using the parts of his worst enemy to help control/pilot it). And so Mothra, with some kind of assistance from Battra, has to "knock some sense" into Godzilla.

A second idea could be that it's just Battra who hatches from the discovered egg and there's still a search for Mothra.

And a third idea could be that it's just Megaguirus who hatches from the discovered egg and there is still the whole egg search while trying to deal with Megaguirus and her swarm.

I think for this film, I would probably have Dr. Ilene Chen and Dr. Ling Chen as the main protagonist of the films. Granted, I am aware that both of them are portrayed by Zhang Ziyi. But I do think that you could probably still have the two still be in separate places while still have the two characters connect with each other and be developed respectively. Or try to have some type of effect to where the two characters are in the same room together despite being played by the same person.

Kong: Hollow Earth Film.

For this film, We can explore Kong's time in the hollow earth, either exploring more backstory on Kong's own species, exploring more locations in the hollow earth, seeing more new titan species or even pre-existing ones. Also, the main plot of the film could be that there are some Titans starting to converge on Kong's ancestral home and they're trying to get to the surface via the hole Godzilla had created in Godzilla vs Kong. Kong struggles to do what he can to try and stop the converging titans, but he soon get's taken down by an even stronger titan and so, there's either some plot to try and get it back to the hollow earth, have Kong find some sort of help to take it down or maybe both. 

I'd have some of the main characters from the Godzilla vs Kong be back for this film. Have some more interactions between Jia and Kong where it can be just as interesting and emotional, if not more so than in GvK.

Son of Godzilla Film.

For this film, I kinda wanted it to show not only general audiences, but new generation Godzilla fans a different side to Godzilla, especially the Monsterverse Godzilla. The movie could go like this; Godzilla started acting a little different than usual as of late, with Monarch keeping close tabs on him in belief he might start attacking Humanity again. However, Godzilla's current behavior was actually due to him picking up a brain wave from somewhere. Godzilla goes to the said location where the brain wave was coming from and Godzilla would arrive at a not fully finished Monarch outpost. After he tears through the outpost, he either discovers an egg or currently hatched infant of Godzilla's species. Godzilla takes the infant and for some time, he tries to care for it for a while. And even when Monarch tries to keep close eyes on Godzilla and the infant, but whenever Monarch tried to get a bit close, Godzilla got hostile and drive them off. Sometime, the infant in stolen by someone, either by what's left of Apex or someone who's wanting to utilize the infant into making it a future weapon of war. During this, Godzilla goes on a rage filled search, looking for the infant and causing some destruction in his path to find it. During this time, the infant is finding itself into some trouble either with another titan, like the person is trying to train the infant into trying to make it into a strong future weapon and make it a vicious killing machine but at the moment, it mostly gets beaten down a few times. And during times, there are moments where it tries to fire an atomic breath, but ends up failing and releasing something like a strange smoke. And when Godzilla eventually finds the infant, possibly in the middle of trying to defend itself from another titan, we could possibly see Godzilla go into a full on rage mode and just give the titan a brutal beating, arguably worse than the one he gave Kong. And of course, Godzilla would go on to take the infant back with him to whenever Godzilla currently resides at.

The human case of the film can have a bit of the KOTM cast brought back as well as even one or two from the GvK cast as well. However, I would probably want to have Madison and Mark as the main characters just to add a little more to them where the GvK film didn't do much of that. Perhaps there could even be where Madison tries to go and save the infant or at least has some emotional bonding moments with the infants and can further show how coexistence between titans and humans in possible.

Monsterverse B.C. Film.

I know people are wanting a Godzilla B.C. film, but I thought it would be better to have a B.C. film on the Monsterverse as a whole. The film could explore the past, giving us looks to not only ancient earth, but maybe a bit more of the hollow earth at the time. We could see things like more of the Godzilla Species, the Kong species, finally get a name to what the species of the Mutos are, see the titan war between Godzilla and Kong's species and even both the stories behind the ancient civilization that worshipped Godzilla and the "familiar looking" titan skeleton that laid in it's ruins.

Another thing that could be interesting to see would be the relationship between ancient humans and the titans, seeing how things go, how they saw each of the titans respectively and how some even tried using them for war (like behemoth).

And that's quite honestly the only ideas I've got here at the moment. I could possibly come up with more. But, I'm not entirely too sure on it. I'll probably have to wait until after the Skull Island Anime comes out to present some other ideas.