Godzilla Films Ranked (Updated)

A/N: Well, bet you weren't expecting this. Yep, as you can see, I've updated my Godzilla Films Ranking. Very recently, I went back and rewatched all of the movies (as well as some shows since I never got to do that before. I MIGHT do a shows list on the side someday).

As always, I'll go down the rules regarding this list while also bring up a reason why some films are where they are now. All the films are ranked based on the various ways I enjoyed them. Either it's just very entertaining, it has a deeper theme and/or meaning or some cases, both. And like I said before, I really hate or despise any of these movies at this point. Yes, some here are a bit lower either because I thought there might have been some things about it I found a bit boring or because there was something from the other film above it I liked more, but it doesn't mean I hate it. I think at least each of these have their own charm or positivity to it. With that being said, I also need to get this out of the way, the reason some films are either heigher or lower than others is because during my recent marathon, I've come to appreciate some of the other films just a little bit more than others than I did before (so for the anime trilogy detractors out there who might be thrilled that the films in the trilogy are lower on this list this time, don't push your luck. They're only there because I've just come to appreciate the other films a bit more now. It doesn't mean I'm starting to hate the trilogy. I'm aware of their flaws and that they could've been better, but I'll never say that they're genuinlly bad films). Now then with all of the rules (and mini rant) out of the way, we can get started.

(I'll leave adding poster images out this time because wattpad still likes to limit the amount of images for one page).

[36]. Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966).

[35]. Godzilla Raids Again (1955).

[34]. Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971).

[33]. All Monsters Attack (1969).

[32]. Son of Godzilla (1967).

[31]. Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973).

[30]. Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992).

[29]. GODZILLA (1998).

[28]. Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972).

[27]. Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000).

[26]. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991).

[25]. GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters (2017).

[24]. GODZILLA: City on the Edge of Battle (2018).

[23]. GODZILLA: The Planet Eater (2018).

[22]. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993).

[21]. Godzilla Final Wars (2004).

[20]. Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994).

[19]. Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003).

[18]. Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965).

[17]. King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962).

[16]. Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964).

[15]. Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999).

[14]. Godzilla (2014).

[13]. Destroy All Monsters (1968).

[12]. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974).

[11]. Godzilla vs. Kong (2021).

[10]. Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964).

[9]. The Return of Godzilla (1984).

[8]. Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975).

[7]. Shin Godzilla (2016).

[6]. Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989).

[5]. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002).

[4]. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019).

[3]. Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001).

[2]. Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995).

[1]. Godzilla (1954).

And that's all for this current ranking at the moment. Obviously, the moment the new TOHO Godzilla film as well as the GVK sequel comes out and I get to see them, I'll put them on this updated list. Like before, we'll have to wait and see if the top 10 spot will change much with the release of those films or not (not that it'll matter). Also, be on the look out for another updated ranking, that being for the Godzilla designs, as I will need to add designs I either forgot to put, didn't know about at the time I did that one or my perspective on others has changed. So, to close this off, what did you think of this? What's your current ranking of these films by this time? Let me know in the comments.