My Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

A/N: This is just a handful of Unpopular Godzilla related opinions that I have within my head. And for the record, I do mean all of these. (And Yes, despite some these opinions, there actually are unpopular opinions for a couple of people).

Human characters in Godzilla films are important, no matter how much people wanna complain about them. A Kaiju Movie can NOT work with only the Kaiju onscreen just walking around or fighting because the audience would likely get tired of it or think it's dragging on.

The Heisei Gamera films are better than a couple Godzilla films.

The Godzilla Heisei films really aren't too bad.

All Monsters Attack isn't the worst film in the franchise, but I personally still think it can be pretty boring for the most part (The only reason why it's higher than Godzilla vs Gigan on my ranking list is because of the message of the film places it a bit higher).

The KiryuGoji design is a superior version of the MireGoji design.

SpaceGodzilla was one of the best kaiju villains of the franchise, cool design and awesome abilities next to him.

The hate for Zilla is basically done and dried out at this point and needs to be left in the past. You can see him as not a great Godzilla if you want but as his own Kaiju, he's pretty good.

All of the Post-Millennium/Reiwa era designs of Godzilla have been awesome so far.

The fight between Godzilla and Zilla in Rulers of Earth is WAY better than the fight in Final Wars and in my opinion, a more accurate depiction in how a fight between the two would go.

Spacegodzilla > Destoroyah.

The Godzilla Anime trilogy was not a bad series (and I'll keep saying that until it kills me).

Godzillla: King of The Monsters is not a bad Monsterverse or Godzilla film (and yes, this an unpopular opinion).

I still find Bagan to be one of the most fascinating unmade Kaiju in the franchise (yes, this is unpopular as well. And some of you might know to who this opinion would be unpopular to).

Kiryu is still the best Mechagodzilla.

Madison Russell is not a bad human character.

The GvK score is pretty great for the most part.

I still like the GareGoji design for not only being a great new look for Godzilla years after Final Wars and an awesome American Godzilla design after the 98 one tended to disappointed most other people. However, with that said, I still personally think DougheGoji was an improvement on that design for the sharper claws, better looking feet and bigger dorsal fins. I also think DougeGoji is an incredible design as I personally think it feels like a blend between where Godzilla started and where he currently is right now (for the time).

I don't really think even the lowest of Godzilla films for me are terrible or even Bad. I just think they can either be boring in a couple places, not all too entertaining, or there are just others that I like a lot more and that's why I have them ranked lower.

Godzilla being on all fours like a crocodile in GvK wasn't remotely bad (nor do I find it silly) and I really fail to see how some people are up in arms about it.

Not every Godzilla film has to be an overly dark film like the original. It doesn't mean it has to be overly silly, but still.

Monsterverse Godzilla running shouldn't be a big deal to people. Godzilla has ran multiple times in different films before, let alone any other media. It should be no not exception when he did it in KOTM and GvK.

Just Because the film has the Kaiju's name on it, doesn't mean that said Kaiju has to or should have almost every ounce of the screen time. That's not what these films should ONLY be about.

I kinda of like Godzilla Ultima's Evolutionary line more than Shin Godzilla's Evolutionary line.

And that's just about everything right now. Trust me, I am bound to update this from time to time as things go on.

Book of Godzilla and Other KaijuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara