024

You're still unsure about leaving the mansion so soon after Simon's arrival. But you're on a little camping trip with Jack, so you don't mind too much.

They'll be fine... right? We won't be gone that long. Besides, maybe I can see what's bugging Jack and spend some alone time with him.

Jack is currently out hunting while you sit inside the cabin watching the rain fall. The leaves are being weighed down by the raindrops and the dewy scene before you is calming. You've brought your phone in case something goes down back at the mansion, but so far it's just been Jane blowing up your phone about Simon or some stupid shit the trio did.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Unknown number: Hey Y/N, how's the camping trip?

You: Who's this?

Unknown number: Right sorry, it's Simon. Jane gave me your number. Figured I'd check in since you were so helpful with helping me settle down in the mansion.

Before you can reply, Jack comes into the cabin. He drops his bag and takes his boots off. His jacket has dark stains on it and you can smell blood.

"Jack, go change or shower. I already ate today and that smell is making me crazy."

He grumbles and takes his jacket off. His black undershirt is scrunched up just enough to where you can see his lower abdomen.

Still fine as fuckkk.

"Are you texting Jane again?"

"No, actually Simon texted me. Jane gave him my number."

"Don't talk to him."

"How come? He seems nice and just wanted to check in."

"Tell him you're busy and you can't talk."

"Jack, why are you being so possessive when it comes to Simon? You've been acting like this since he stepped foot into the mansion."

"I don't trust him."

"Are you jealous that I'm giving someone else attention?"

"No I'm not jealous, if that were the case then any time you spoke to those three idiots I would have an issue."

"Okay, okay. I won't talk to him over the phone."

Jack sighs and picks you up from your seat. He places your phone down on the side table.

"Come shower with me."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

For the past few days, you and Jack have either hunted or just spent time together in the cabin. It was really nice until he started getting possessive. Not that you minded, but it just seems like something else is going on besides Jack's distrust in Simon. Simon gives off better vibes than Sylvie did. But you don't see an issue with Simon, not that you fully trust him either.

"You know if it makes you feel better I think Jane and Simon have a thing for each other."

You step out of the shower and towel-dry your hair. Jack steps out and wraps a towel around his waist. He wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you close.

"Yeah that doesn't make me feel better Y/N, I don't want him messing with Jane either."

"Jack, what's really going on?"

"I told you, I don't trust him. Something seems really off about the guy."

"You do realize we live in a mansion full of people who are weird or crazy."

He squeezes your hips gently. You had a point and he knew it. But he wasn't going to keep pressing the topic further, he wants to avoid any further arguments.

"Since we're here for another day or two, I'll shut my phone off so that it's just the two of us."

He smiles and kisses your forehead. He goes to get dressed while you finish drying off.

"Let's open up the curtains in the bedroom and watch the rain fall. It's actually really calming to watch, especially with all the greenery outside."

You crawl into bed and watch Jack pull the curtains apart. He crawls into bed next to you and pulls you into his arms.

"This is calming to watch."

You smile and snuggle deeper into his chest. It was rare that you had quiet moments with Jack. The mansion was either eerily quiet meaning shit was about to go down or it was noisy and chaotic.

"We'll head back tomorrow. I've gathered plenty of food for the month. I brought you some stuff for your smoothies too."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Simon's POV

I waited for her to reply, but she never did. I was hoping to ease my way in by texting, seeing as how her boyfriend won't let me near her. The dude must have some serious trust issues. She doesn't belong with him anyways, Silas is a much better match for her. If I can just get him out of the picture, I can do my job a lot quicker. Until then I'll keep using Jane to get to Y/N. That's semi-working at least, although that woman is a bit exhausting for my tastes.

"Hey, Simon! Did you get through to Y/N?"

Speak of the she-devil. It really is exhausting keeping up this facade around everyone. But I won't let Silas down like Sylvie did.

"Nope, she must be busy with her friend."

"You mean her boyfriend Jack?"

"Yeah, it's still hard to believe those two are together."

"I don't think it's hard to believe, those two are inseparable. I'm really glad she's away from her ex and with someone better. Her ex really did a number on her."

"Oh really? How so?"

Do tell me all the lies she told you about the King.