Chapter 3

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me. "

You smiled as you got happy

"Excited ?"

"Of course, I absolutely love magical creatures. Don't you harry?"

The whole class followed Hagrid into the forest.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?"

Before Hagrid can answer you took his hand and stroked the spine

"Stroke the spine Draco."

Draco was going to retort back but he just couldn't.

" Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me."

Neville did his but it attacked him and neither the students or professor seemed to mind. So you didn't either

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom."

" I'm okay. Okay."

" I think they're funny." You said

You looked back at Malfoy sending him a smile his eyes widen and he looked another way.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Really Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

"Shut up, Malfoy."

It seemed Draco had gotten upset and walked up to Harry and looked up and put on a face of fear

" D-Dementor! Dementor!" He yelled

Falling back as if he was scared and everyone gasped and turned around only to see nothing.

"Just ignore him Harry."

"Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak."

Everyone sees a large creature approaching

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?"

" That, Ron, is a -"

"hippogriff!" You smiled

"Shes right, First thing you wanna know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do.
Now, who'd like to come and say hello?"

You stepped forward, and noticed everyone except Harry took a step back.

"Ah ! Well done ! Y/n you'll go first, so now-"

"I know what to do! Sorry professor !"

You walked a bit forward to buckbeat, and bowed, you looked up at him slightly, he bowed too. You smiled you walked again extending your hand out, buckbeat for closer and pressed his beak against your hand, it was nudging against you, and you giggled.

"Alright Harry your up."

You smiled as you stepped aside

"Don't worry Harry you'll do fine." You said

"Well done, Harry. Well done. Come on now. Now... you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So... step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not... Well, we'll get to that later. Just make your bow. Nice and low. Back off, Harry. Back off."

Harry did what you did but Buckbeat seemed a bit shocked and he was making noises and Harry backed off a bit.

"Keep still. Keep still. Well done, Harry. Well done. Here, you big brute, you. Right. I think you can go and pat him now Go on. Don't be shy. Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow. Slow. Not so fast, Harry. Slow down, Harry. That's it... Nice and slow. Now let him come to you. Slowly, now, slowly, slowly... That's it... Yes!Well done! Well done, Harry, well done! I think he may let you two ride him now."