Annoying

Wei Ying giggled as he and Lan Wangji entered the Cloud Recesses, jumping next to the other man, ignoring the eyes of Jiang Cheng who was watching as he practically clung onto Wangji as they walked up the hill. Everyone in the Cloud Recesses had slowly gotten used to how clingy it was that Wei Ying seemed to be, even if it was only with Lan Wangji, and to a far lesser extent Jingyi and SiZhui. Wei Ying, as oblivious as ever, did not care for the eyes of the Jiang clan, could not, and would not bother with them either. Not when Lan Zhan was right next to him and viable for annoying.

Though it was not as though he actively annoyed the Lan boy, but he would be deigned to try. He just seemed to have endless patience, which Wei Ying was determined to slowly chip away. It was somewhat of a running theme. Wei Ying would never do things that actively made Lan Zhan upset or angry, and it was likewise. They may have a somewhat imbalanced power dynamic in their relationship, yes, but at the same time, Wei Ying trusted Lan Zhan. Certainly a lot more than he trusted the Jiangs. Lan Zhan and his brothers have showed him nothing but kindness since he had shown up, though Lan XiChen...Wei Ying just...found him odd. Not in a necessarily bad way but in an unnerving way most certainly.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Ying muttered to the pillar of white mourning clothes. It was what Wei Ying had dubbed the Lan Sect uniform. Granted, it was not pure white, which meant that they were not really mourning clothes, but it was close enough. the only spots of color were pale baby blue. The uniforms were actually beautiful, in a sort of, other worldly way. It was hard to really know what to think about the uniforms. Though they did and Wei Ying would always say, always would, look amazing on Lan Wangji.

"Mhm," Lan Zhan hummed softly, his questioning tone leading Wei Ying to add onto what he had been going to say before.

"What...What are we going to do with the Jiang sect?" He muttered softly, his soft eyes flying up to Lan Wangji. "I mean don't get me wrong, they definitely deserve to stay wandering the mountain, but..." Wei Ying bit his lower lip as he stared towards the floor, Lan Zhan leading him ever forwards. "I guess I just feel a little...bad?" Lan Zhan gave the young ward a gentle smile as he took a look at Wei Ying.

"I have taken care of the Jiang sect. Do not worry over them. Wei Ying does not need to worry himself over needless things." The words were spoke in such a...factual way. It startled a laugh out of him. Perhaps it was not something to be laughing about but the words still put Wei Ying at ease as he stared with awe filled eyes and jumped forwards in front of Lan Zhan, who just watched him, carefully assessing him. He waited, not doing anything, slowly down just slightly. Wei Ying's lips curved into a smile, his eyes glinting with mischief.

"Hey, Lan Zhan, can we go see SiZhui?" Lan Zhan gave a small huff but also a short nod, pulling Wei Ying back towards him and changing their course away from the Jingshi towards the class that SiZhui would be in at the current moment. Standard classes for the Lan disciples continued until the guest lectures. In which case Wei Ying, Lan Zhan and SiZhui would all be attending.

Lan Zhan had to admit, he was quite...glad to hear that Wei Ying was getting along so well with SiZhui, he had suspecting putting him through Dizi classes with SiZhui being in GuQin classes would definitely help their relations, which were already...tentatively good at best. Yet, to see them so familiar, that Wei Ying was addressing him as Lan Zhan would? It warmed something in his heart. Usually, there were moments like this that he would be jealous, horridly jealous, but he knew Wei Ying, and knew that Wei Ying saw SiZhui as he saw him. Like a younger sibling or like a young child in need of care. It was somewhat funny for him to watch considering the fact that Wei Ying and SiZhui were the same age.

Yet, it also breathed a sense of life into him. Seeing Wei Ying act so gently and familiarly with his family. He knew the other was still wary of Lan XiChen, for reasons that were unknown to him, but he would never pry that much. It had not become an issue, and though he wanted to know, he could wait. His familiarity with JingYi and SiZhui also noted another point however, which was that he was settling into his sect. Quite easily, and far more than what Lan Zhan had ever managed to hope for.

"SiZhui!" Wei Ying called out, Lan Zhan temporarily gripping him a bit tighter in reprimand, but otherwise did nothing, releasing the boy to fast walk, not run of course, to SiZhui and engulf the young boy in a hug tightly. "How was class?" Wei Ying asked, tilting his head slightly.

"It was good, we learned new scales." Wei Ying's eyes widened, and his put his hand over his heart gasping.

"And how did you do? How do you think you did? We don't listen to that croaky old teacher..." He whispered conspiratorially, ignoring the pointed fact that Lan Zhan was more than able to hear them. Lan Zhan, also however, ignored this pointed fact, just glad to watch Wei Ying smother SiZhui, metaphorically.

"I did okay, I think..." Wei Ying hummed, softly.

"Are you doing anything?"

"Today?" SiZhui asked, confusing warring at his features, but he would not ask. Wei Ying was known as a wild card amongst the sect, but he was well beloved.

"Yes, what is SiZhui planning for the day?" Wei Ying clarified, nodding his head dramatically.

"Well, JingYi and I planned to do some research at the library in a few hours."

"Perfect!" Wei Ying dragged SiZhui, who looked up helplessly, towards Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan said simply, staring at the two of them uncomprehending.

"Lan Zhaaaaan." It was the voice. The voice that the Lan Clan knew well and so far only Uncle had been able to entirely throw off, but mostly cuz it was not used on him.

"Mhm?"

"Can we listen to SiZhui play his new scores?" Wei Ying asked, his eyes large and pleading. Lan Zhan sighed but nodded once. Wei Ying jumped happily, and swiftly grabbed Lan Zhan and fast walked them to the Jingshi, excitement in his steps.