38

Wei Ying flounced to the centre to take his place. Lan Zhan watched him with a small smile quickly vanishing as it came. He did hope that Wei Ying was able to teach the Jiang Heir a lesson. It was obvious that he needed one. he was becoming far too certain of his ability in his arrogance. Whilst the Jiang Clan were not bad swordsmans by any s-pan of the meaning, they were not the best. Certain styles merely suited certain people, but in every style, one could never underestimate their opponent. Jiang Cheng had immediately failed that main important rule the moment he stood to face Wei Ying. His body language showed this clearly. He had relaxed and even had a slightly mocking smile on his lips. Lan Zhan could not wait to see what Wei Ying would do with this individual. He knew that this was likely also cathartic for him as well. Wei Ying needed this. Despite anything else, Lan Zhan knew that his time with the Jiangs had messed with him, short as it may have been. This was simply not acceptable. He was not sure why it was that they had acted poorly to an Orphaned child, but Lan Zhan did not want to know. Granted, Wei Ying had not really...told him, but he had not really had to either.

Wei Ying took his place, tilting his head as he did not bother to draw his sword, merely staring at Jiang Cheng. They were at opposites now. He was a part of the Lans now, and Jiang Cheng was not his friend, brother, or anything-not that he had been much of one during the time that he had been supposed to be that for him-so a part of Wei Ying felt this to be somewhat ironic. He knew that it was also going to be interesting. He barely remembered his time with the Jiangs, but he remembered enough to know that he would never allow himself to return. He was happy with Lan Zhan, though soemtimes he still felt those frissures of fear that seemed to rush through him out of nowhere, but even still...he was treated far kinder now than he had been really by anyone...barring Wen Ning. He would never trade that up.

It would seem, no matter what, that he and the Jiang simply would not be reconciling ever. Not if this Heir was going to start insulting his Lan Zhan. Insulting the Lan. What did he know? He doubted that this boy had even bothered to wonder about the rules, or read them. Perhaps he had, clearly not having memorized them, being crude and simply rude as a fault. He had done so many things just in the Cloud Recesses, had he not been an Heir things would have been vastly different, but when he did these things well...he was surrounded by other Guests. Wei Ying could not very well claim such a title enough to drag him to a punishment. This was enough of a punishment, though, Wei Ying would make sure of that.

Wei Ying deflected with his scabbard as the Jiang Heir mounted an immediate offense. It reminded him somewhat of Lan Zhan, though his Lan Zhan was not so...rudamentry. He took a few steps, continuing to deflect, circling them around the small space as they went around each other, Wei Ying leading the Heir around. In another moment the sword had been pulled and his scabbard dropped, leading him in a lovely parry, using a mix of varying styles he had learned on his travels. Mostly, Jiang, Lan, and Wen. They blended quite well when one knew what they were doing. He may have been young when he learned the basics of the Jiangs sword forms, but he had a certain...gift for certain forms of information after all.

Jiang Cheng, soon it was obvious, was quite outmatched, his arrogance his downfall. Wei Ying gave him a smirk as he used the same move Lan Zhan had done to disarm him and press two blades against his throat. He pulled them away sharply, tossing the Jiang blade to the side and moving to take his own hilt and returning his sword to it. With that finished, he moved back towards Lan Zhan. The latter pulled him in and gave him a sigh. Wei Ying gave a small smile. Lan Zhan was glad, which in turn made Wei Ying quite glad.

"Well done," Was the words that Lan Zhan spoke. He had been quite impressed with Wei Ying. He knew that this was going to be difficult for the other, it was not the same as just another match, and Wei ying had only just begun learning the Lan forms in the first place, but he had performed beautifully, though Lan Zhan knew that he had not strictly used Lan technique he also knew that Wei Ying's sword ability was very close to his own. They were equals. Soon, it would not surprise him, Wei Ying may surpass even himself. It would be something that Lan Zhan could celebrate, but who knew. They both were getting better at quite the impressive rates. 

Jiang Cheng, on the other hand, was quite angry. Wei Ying figured that he would be, but neither him, nor Lan Zhan, particularly cared, and clearly neither did most of the guest disciples, most were simply in awe at the stranger that had befriended Lan Zhan, and was seen around him often. Huaisang could not help but flap open his fan and smile behind it. He knew that this was likely not to be a favorable outcome for Jiang Cheng, but he could not really help but be impressed with this newcomer. He had clearly had much training, if his abilities came to show. It was clear that whichever Jade he was the lover for, he was more than worthy of it.

"Well, Second Young Master Lan, thank you, and you as well, Young Master Wei, I do appreciate the demonstrations. That truly ties into what we are going to be learning today."