Part 29

"I will go in first, shall I?" Wei-Gongzi had suggested, giving the two a small smile and bouncing slightly on his toes. Huaisang stared at the strange Lan with barely concealed horror. Leave him? Alone? With the Second Jade of Lan? That was a miserable plan, but Lan Wangji was quick to nod, and therefore had agreed before Huaisang could insist that he follow Wei-Gongzi instead of staying behind. What could he do then, there was no way that he was about to state something opposite to what the Jade had agreed to so he just nervously laughed when the one in white and blue and red robes glanced at him as though asking him and nodded once. There was no way that he was going to willingly go against what Lan Wangji said just because he was feeling a bit nervous. The second jade unnerved him in many ways. He was surprised that so much had changed within a year. He had attended the lectures just last year, and from then to now it would seem that Gusu got another cultivator that was, obviously, very different to how the Lans typically acted. He could not help but wonder where exactly it was that Wei-Gongzi was from, as it was obvious that he was not raised within the Gusu sect. 

"Yes, that is fine Wei-Gongzi." He said with a thin smile. Wei Ying turned to Lan Zhan, having obtained his agreement and seemingly once more focused solely on the second Jade. Nie Huaisang would have found it a wonder to see if he had not seen how Lan Wangji had glared at him earlier and was too stunned with potential terror to think of much else barring trying not to anger the younger Jade. However, somehow, he thought that it was already too late for that, and he had no idea how to fix something when he had no idea what he could have done to anger the Second Jade. That definitely did not bode well when Wei Gongzi was not going to be around to help...fix that and make sure that the Second Jade did not murder him where he stood. 

"Lan Zhan, be nice to the Nie Heir please." Wei Ying said with a pout. "Don't worry, I will not be long. Just a few minutes. Then I will come and get you as well, and then after we can drop Huaisang off wherever it is that he needs to go, and head off to music Class and meet up with SiZhui." He said with a smile and a spin before disappearing into the pavilion home just as quickly as if he had merely blinked out of existence leaving Huaisang to stare at the stop that he had been not moments ago. He was left with his mind whirring from the far too intimate address that Wei Ying constantly was giving Lan Wangji and stunned into not moving when he promptly practically disappeared from sight. 

Huaisang glanced to his side, and yelped a bit, seeing Lan Wangji's full weight of his attention was now placed on him. He gave the other a wide and somewhat terrified stare as he hoped desperately that Wei Gongzi would hurry with whatever it was that he was doing so that he did not have a death committed by the Second Jade of Lan. As it were, Huaisang would not be surprised if he was being sent home in a casket with an obituary planned and a funeral in processetion. At least he would no longer have to deal with his brother trying to force him to practice the Saber, or Guest Lectures, but then...he would be dead so...He was not sure which was the better option.

-

Wei Ying moved slowly once he reached the inner door and knocked lightly on the wood. It was swiftly opened by the girl in red glaring at him sharply. Wei Ying gave her a tentative smile and waved a bit. She stared at him, eyeing him up and down as though trying to figure out what exactly it was that he was doing here. She did recognize him, though, that was obvious with the way her eyes lit on the blue and red detailing on his robes and her eyes widened. 

"You are the Lan that blocked Wen Chao from hurting that other Lan boy." She said simply, stating a fact and not a question. She already knew, but was waiting for him to confirm it. Wei Ying shrugged. 

"Yes, that was me." He said with a small careless wave of his hand. "But that is not why I am here. I was just curious...Shifu won't tell me, and I know XiChen won't tell me either, unless I get Lan Zhan to talk to him, he may cave then..." Wei Ying drifted off, his thoughts derailing until the girl snapped her fingers. 

"I am sorry?" 

"Oh, yeah," Wei Ying shook his head a bit and gave her a sheepish look. "Sorry, I have a hard time staying on track sometimes. Anyways, I was wondering if you knew what happened to those guarding the barrier. I know Wen Chao forced his way through them...which would not have happened if Lan Zhan had taken me up on the offer to strengthen them, but then again, we were both worried about the potential anger of Lan Qiren, so I suppose it was really the right way to go about it..." Wei Ying was brought back to the main topic by the girl clicking her tongue. "And I was wondering if they were okay, or if they are going to be going to the healers." 

"They should be fine. Perhaps a bit shocked, but I gave them a cursory look. I couldn't do much more then that, though." She admitted. Wei Ying sighed in relief. 

"That is good," He muttered under his breath. "How are you and your brother doing?" He switched topics so fast that it had her blinking stupidly for a second. At first, she questioned his motives, but he seemed to notice that and took a step back with his hands raised. "I don't mean anything by it, I just wanted to make sure that you were settled well, and that nobody was giving you problems. If I had not come, Lan Zhan would have, and he would have gotten nowhere. Plus, I was kind of worried about how the other sects would act. If anyone gives you trouble, don't hesitate to tell me, or Lan Zhan. Although Lan Zhan looks cold, he is really warm heart-ed." Wei Ying said simply giving her a tense smile. She stared at him not sure what to say about that. 

Wei Ying smiled and gasped. "Oh, give me one second," He rushed out of the door way and returned not too long later literally dragging the Second Jade along with him. "I should probably introduce you just in case so that you know who to talk to. This is Lan Zhan!" He said with dramatic hands and a smile and pure joy in his eyes. She stared at the two, entirely overwhelmed. "Oh, yeah, and that is Nie Huaisang. He is a bit shy though, but if you want, I am sure he would be a wonderful friend." 

"My name is Wen Qing," She said simply. Wei Ying smiled clapping his hands. 

"Alright, I apologize for bothering you. I am glad that you haven't had any difficulties. I am sorry for having to cut this short but Lan Zhan and I really need to get going. Let us know if you need anything. Nie-Gongzi, come on, let's go." 

Wen Qing was left standing in the door way, the door opened, staring after the group of three and the utter chaos that was Wei Ying with big eyes and entirely unsure what to do with the information that she had been dumped.