Cheng Qing

Wei Ying had to admit, the clothes felt wonderful. clothes in general felt amazing, as he rarely managed such fetes. He was incredibly grateful for Master Wangji who sent for them. Though he did not mind wandering around in his older garments, it felt good to have clothes that were at least a bit thicker than his previous ones, especially considering the chill in the morning air at the moment. He walked just a step behind Master Wangji, careful as always to pay extra detail to the things which the elder said. He did not want Lan Wangji to become tired of him, and ditch him, and he to do so he had to make an effort to ensure that he not only paid precious attention to the things which the elder said, but also listened when Wangji wanted him to do something. Wei Ying was not stupid, he knew that the other could easily throw him out should he desire to. Where would he go then? He would not be able to stay at the edge of the GusuLan towns or cities anymore, and he had no idea where Wen Ning went off too. He would not have him as a companion as he tried to treck through wherever the road or forest would take him. He would be lonely, lost, and miserable. Lan Wangji saved him from that, and he would prefer not to have to go back.

He doubted that Lan Wangji was the type of person to treat others as his own toys to mess with, but he could not help but be worried. He had seen those who had, and to be honest it terrified him. It was one of the major reasons he tried to avoid the Clan sects. He did not want to risk running into such a person. Luckily, Lan Wangji did not give off the vibe of thinking that he possessed or owned Wei Ying, and for that the other was grateful that he had landed into Wangji's hands rather than someone else. 

Lan Zhan had kept his promise as well. This was not something which Wei Ying was entirely accustomed to, of course, but he knew more than well enough that the Second Childe did not have to actually give him a tour around the Cloud Recesses, and yet he did so anyways. It was beautiful, more than what Wei Ying had managed to imagine, though he had not had much to go off of. Even more so than that, all of the things which Wei Ying had overheard about the beauty of the Cloud Recesses seemed to do it a major disservice. Wei Ying could not understand how words could possibly describe it.

It would seem that the beauty of the Cloud Recess was simply beyond the words of man. It was as though a light seemed to penetrate through the very place itself. It was so serene and calm. A calm, gentle, serene light blue light seemed to emit from the very earth and shine throughout the entire structure, bouncing off of the buildings. Everything seemed to be bathed in light. The gentle hint of sound from the stream easily reached Wei Ying's ears, and the soft grass which lay on either side of the white pebbled bath before them was lush and a deep blooming green. 
Wei Ying felt invigorated. A sort of unnatural peace seemed to lay thick on him. Though, Wei Ying had never really been at peace, so he could only assume that is what it was. The entire place was simply too beautiful for his eyes. Yet, when he closed his eyes every other part of himself seemed to be penetrated with the power which gently thrummed through the nature around him. He inhaled deeply and held his breath, simply allowing himself to feel the steady presence of Lan Zhan before him, and the power which pulsed under him. In his mind's eye, he saw...everything. It was an amazing feeling, and as Wei Ying opened his eyes, the warm, yet soothing eyes of Lan Zhan were on him. Wei Ying smiled. The steady stillness of the air, and yet the calm presence of Lan Zhan...Wei Ying felt secured in a way that he had never thought that he would ever really manage before Wen NIng, and then even after Wen Ning came into the picture, it was as though he was waiting for something. Wen Ning was special, but Wei Ying could not help but feel...feel...Something..

He knew that this was different. Whatever this feeling of needing to be close to Lan Wangji was. Wanting to accompany him, and to actually listen to him. Wei Ying never listened. Most of the time it did far more harm to himself than good, so why would he? When he was with Lan Zhan, something shifted.  He felt more calm than he had ever managed before in his life. It was not that he could not rebel, of course he could. He had escaped from the Gusulan clutches after all (though now that Wei Ying thought about it there was something suspicious about that whole deal. It was not as though Lan Zhan, Wei Ying was beginning to realize, did not know that he had disappeared, he had obviously noticed it, it was in the small things he did to ensure that Wei Ying did not leave his sight again. Yet, the elder had not once commented on the fact that he had successfully managed to escape from GusuLan's disciples, and even now, he did not comment on the fact that he had returned either. It was just a simple, let us keep going now. It confused Wei Ying greatly) it was more that Wei Ying did not really want to disobey the other.
The thought of that was greatly surprising. Especially since he had never felt such a feeling in his life before. Not even before his...his parents...