meeting

Wei Ying had rushed the moment that he had heard the scream. Currently he was holed up in a tree surveying the lay out before him. He held Chen Qing  not really wanting to use it, and carefully assessing the situation at hand. Below him were juniors from the GusuLan sect, he knew from the sect robes, cultivators and disciples from Cloud Recesses. He had heard of them quite a bit, but had never really seen them. He guessed that they were here because of the increase in ghost presence which, for once, had nothing to do with him. He knew the others would not heedlessly attack Wen Ning unless given a reason. It was not within GusuLan's...nature, he supposed. At least not from what he had heard. He knew that Wen Ning could be a little impulsive, and seeing disciples would undoubtedly strengthen his desire to attack. Especially a sect who had helped in the take down of the Wen Clan, despite the fact that the Wen Clan had been doing horrid things at the time. Wen Ning had told him, his entire family had been slaughtered. Though it was years ago, his heart still burned for Wen Ning. The other still had horrible memories that cropped up every now and again. 

Wei Ying truly was hesitant to actually do anything, and instead watched. Determined that hopefully Wen Ning would stop his hasty attacks. He knew that the disciples could manage themselves, but he was still...unnerved. He could not understand why it was that Wen Ning was attacking. The other was impulsive and he doubted seeing the Lan Cultivators would be helpful to his tentative state when it came to them, but even still. To attack so needlessly? Wei Ying sighed. Wen Ning was not stopping his attacks, and despite his hopes it was not to be. He should have assumed that would be the case anyways. Sighing in resignation, Wei Ying knew what he had to do. It was not often Wei Ying used Chen Qing to control Wen Ning, in fact he had never done so before on purpose. Now, however, Wei Ying had to look at the bigger picture. And that was this...

Wen Ning was attacking innocent Cultivators. Not just that, Junior cultivators, who had done nothing to warrant such an attack. Wei Ying had promised Wen Ning he would never use Chen Qing against him unless given a reason. Truthfully, he had never been expected to be given a reason. Wen Ning was often kind, and quite timid. To see him attacking junior Cultivators for no other reason than the headband worn about their forehead hurt Wei Ying. Hurt him, because he knew that he was now given a reason to use what he had desperately hoped not to. He took a deep, calming breath. Closing his eyes, he lifted Chen Qing to his lips, pausing once in helpless hope, which was denied as Wen Ning made to slash at another young Cultivator, who jumped back, barely in time. Without a moments more hesitation Wei Ying began to play. At first, it was a soft melody, breathing through the flute which he played expertly. Caressing the energy of all below him. The melody was carried on the backs of the wind, the light breeze mimicking the light tune. A tune which swiftly began to change. Turn into a request.

No, Lan Wangji thought as he searches for the sound. Not a request. A command, a command which is not so? Lan Wangji was slightly confused. It would seem, that this...person who was playing was both commanding the fierce corpse before them, but the command held the weight of sadness, of dismay and disappointment. Lan Wangji swiftly took out his guqin, and began to play with whoever was sounding the melody.

Wei Ying paused slightly when he heard the strum of the ancient instrument. Only for a moment, before joining in once more. Under the combined weight, Wen Ning turned, and fled. Wei Ying knew that he would. The other would probably be gone for a while, trying to collect himself, and control himself once more. Lan Wangji was about to go and address the mystery Cultivator who had aided them when he found the other was hesitantly approaching the juniors. He looked...a bit nervous, but determined and young. Lan Zhan noted he was around the same age as the juniors. Probably around 15 or 16. Not too much younger than himself.

The boy was beautiful. Even in the tattered robes he wore. His hair was inky black, and shone in the soft moonlight. A red ribbon tied the strands up and away from his face. His posture thin, alarmingly so, giving Lan Wangji cause for concern. He had high cheekbones, and his eyes carried the weight of emotions. His robes were a mix of black and red, similar to the Wen Clan. Yet, upon looking at him once more, Lan Wangji knew that he was not of the Wen Clan. For many reasons, the main being the boy's cultivation level was far too high. None of the Wen Sect disciples had such high level. In fact, Lan Wangji found it odd the boy was alone, and clearly underfed, and skittish, obviously not having been around many nice people. With the other's level of cultivation, he should be near Lan Wangji's level. It was alarming that he knew nothing of the boy.