watching them

Lan Xichen followed Lan Zhan and Wei Ying quietly as Lan Zhan escorted the stranger to where Lan Zhan's room was located. For having just met, Wei Ying did seem to take to Lan Zhan quite well, though that could be because of the fact that Lan Zhan was the strongest of the three of them, and therefore would be more apt to fight and protect Wei Ying if necessary. Though Lan XiChen knew that his brother would not fight him, it was something to consider, especially considering that the boy was in such an uncertain state at the moment. He did not really know where he was, how long he was going to be staying, and XiChen doubted that the other really bothered to say anyhting decent to ease the nervousness or anxiety that the boy was feeling, as Lan Wangji was simply not good with his words.

"Hey, Young Master." Wei Ying started up again, gently poking Lan Zhan at his side, having caught up and walking just a small step behind him. 

Lan Xichen could not say that he was not surprised that his younger brother was putting up with this behavior. Nor could he help but be slightly shocked on Wei Ying's part for actively continuing to talk and behave in such a manner despite his brother's silent nature. Many were put off at his brother's silence. They mistake it for something more then what it is. Thinking that Lan Zhan was arrogant or cold, which he...Lan Zhan could be quite callous, but he was not arrogant. XiChen knew that. He could see that himself, his brother was just not used to conversing, and after their mother's death, he had not shown any interest in making friends, or getting to know others, preferring to stay alone, or with their Uncle or himself, otherwise Lan Zhan rarely spoke unless it was necessary, and even then not much. The other seemed to make that up more than enough for the two of them, if the constant babble in which he spoke about anything and everything that seemed to come to his mind in no consistent order whatsoever. However, there was something that was a bit, different, in the youthful boy's voice this time, as to the prior moments before when he had been complimenting the state of the pathways within the pavilion and admiring the trees among the Cloud Recesses. Lan XiChen could not help but feel that this, extra quality that seemed to be added to his voice this time, was something that didn't really belong in such a youthful boy's tone. Of course, he did not know the stranger well, none of them really did, and nobody knew him, which was the problem. Perhaps the boy was simply pretending to be joyful when he was not. There was no way to tell. Whatever it was, there was something within his voice that Lan Xichen placed as fear and worry, or perhaps just simply caution. Then again, he confused himself. They were within the Cloud Recesses, what was there to be scared of, worried of, or cautious of? Besides perhaps breaking the rules, of which there were definitely plenty. Even still, this boy had not broken any rules, and even if he had he could claim ignorance in a way many others were incapable of. Therefore, despite trying, he simply could not understand why this boy was so nervous and anxious. 

"Mhm," came the soft lilt of his brother's voice. As usual, he did not sat anything, merely acknowledged. Though, sometimes he did not even do that, as such, Wei Ying should find himself lucky he was deemed worth such a thing.

"What happens now?" Wei Wei Ying's voice was uncharacteristically soft, as if he were frightened of lifting it above the soft cadence of a whisper. Lan Xichen was not too sure that he liked the way the boy was talking now, it held a sort of...different note to it. Something that struck Lan XiChen in his heart, he did not like it.

"Class, they begin in a months time" Lan Zhan explained monotone with only a slightly glance at the one who was asking. Wei Ying bit his lower lip, gnawing on it nervously. 

"I-I know that." He said with a small laugh, and a light glance to Lan Zhan. Lan Xichen narrowed his eyes in on that glance, which quickly turned shy. 

"I meant after classes are over." He whispered.

"Train." Wei Ying staged openly at Lan Zhan this time, staring in shock, body frozen in time. Unable to move forwards, staring. There was a sort of, odd expression in his face.