34

Huaisang found Wei WuXian in the last place he expected to find such a ball of energy, and the first place that he would expect to find Lan Wangji. The Library Pavilion. It was clear that they were busy, and quite a bit busy at that. The desks were pulled together to form a rather long table, and papers and scrolls were piled on top of them. It was amazing just how messy the place was. He had never seen the library in any state of disarray. This was the first time he had seen multiple desks placed together as well. Granted it was the furthest corner of the library, but he had not even known such things were allowed. He had to admit that it definitely took him by shock to see such things. 

He could not believe that Lan Wangji was allowing this, but then again if it was not against the rules then he supposed he would not care. Lan Wangji was quite stern when it came to the rules. He knew he should not really be loitering around the shelves of the pavilion and watching with a keen eye and curious mind as to how the two were speaking and getting along. He would definitely be caught in just a little while, and it was not wise because it was totally against the rules, but Huaisang really couldn't help himself. After the display yesterday? He really was fascinated. The lectures today were not much, and Huaisang had noticed that Wei WuXian seemed to have a lot of trouble just sitting down and doing nothing. 

Now? In the pavilion the two were pouring over pages and scrolls and books. Well, Lan Wangji was, Wei WuXIan looked like he was hastily scribbling on one of the blank parchments. Huaisang sighed and could not believe what he was seeing. The library was almost entirely empty. It was expected to be though, considering how things went. Nobody really wanted to make use of a library when they would be stuck in class for another several hours. What little freedom most of the Sect Heir and disciples had they did not want to spend locked up in side a library where they were forced to be silent. Perhaps Wei WuXian was more of a Lan then Huaisang had thought, considering he seemed more than content to pour over the books and scrolls on the table whilst messing with his own notes. 

It all seemed so...different to what he had assumed, but then, he supposed that there was a reason for the rule against assumptions. Wei WuXian was beyond his expectations. He did not know if that was a good thing, or a bad thing. Either way, he supposed it could be worse, at least he knew one thing, it was obvious that Wei WuXian was betrothed to one of the Jades, but it was clear that he had been within the Cloud Recesses a while. Yet, Huaisang had not seen him prior to this. He had not been an outward disciple either, as all disciples gather to listen to the Sect Leader at least during the major proclamations on the first day. It would seem he was quite the new addition. 

They could not have been here for more than a year, but that did seem somewhat quickly for one of the Jades to obtain an attraction to...well anyone. Then again, Huaisang would not pretend to understand the two Jades. They were above his own comprehension. However, sneaking a little bit closer was his main mistake, and glory. He did notice that Wei WuXian and Lan Wangji were working on something regarding barriers and borders but he was not able to see anything more then that as instantly Wei WuXian moved, turning around and glaring towards him.

"Lan Zhan, it looks like we have someone breaking the rules." Lan Wangji's cold eyes turned up from where he had been kneeling and peacefully reading one of the books before locking eyes with Huaisang, who abruptly felt as though his soul had left his body. He leaned against one of the shelves hastily glancing through the material, but it was far too late for that. He laughed nervously as Wei WuXian stood up to face him more properly leaning his hip against one of the wall nooks. He turned a dark gaze towards Huaisang. It was doubly intimidating with both Lan Wangji and Wei WuXian's gaze fixed to him in a disappointing manner. 

"Hello Young Master Nie," Wei WuXian said, his voice deceptively light. "What exactly are you doing over there, hmm?" Wei Wuxian had cocked his head to the left a bit, and Huaisang wished that he had never really thought of this endevour. Really, he should leave the information gathering to others whilst he listened to what they had to say. That was his best role. 

"I was just...perusing...the books...in this wonderful section." Wei WuXian hummed, a certain look to his eyes that showed that he knew that the other was not being truthful, but surprisingly, or perhaps not surprisingly, he did not call Huaisang out on it. 

"Well, Lan Zhan, I suppose that his interruption has called to mind one thing." Lan Wangji hummed something. Huaisang watched as Wei WuXian seemed to burst into a smile, obviously better able to read the impassible Lan than himself. "Well, we need to clean up. It is almost time for the second part of training to begin, and you promised that you would partner with me. Besides, we shouldn't be late and we still need to give these to SiZhui." Lan Zhan hummed again, and Huaisang just blinked blankly. He had no idea how it was that Wei WuXian and Lan XiChen seemed to read the other so effortlessly. It was a skill, he determined. Definitely a skill. 

Huaisang was about to sneak back out before Wei WuXian called to him again, and the former cursed. He hoped that no punishment was going to be dished out, but he could not blame anyone but himself it was, as it were, nothing of the sort happened. 

"Young Master Nie, I must say, you have some rather...interesting tastes." Was all that We WuXian stated before turning away from him once more. Huaisang glanced towards the shelves that he had been looking in and he could not help but blush furiously with wide eyes. Why would they be around books revolving around the intimacy between men and woman and men and men anyways? That was before Huaisang realized quite suddenly that nobody likely ever moved around here, specifically towards this sections as it all seemed rather...depraved. He leaned forwards to get a better look at the form of the books and realized that it truly was more...less than innocent than what was necessary. He flipped on book open and slapped it shut, eyes wide at the view of chains. he did not need to know how someone would use chains in that format. Shaking his head and ignoring the small laughter of Wei WuXian at his reaction he rushed out of the library.