Part 1: Chloe's Point of View

"POINT YOUR FOOT!" She screams at the top of her lungs. "This dance needs to be perfect if you want to beat Maddie at this weeks competition, Chloe!" 

Then, she whispers something to Gianna as if I can't hear her. "This kid is a year older than her but is at a way lower level," she whispers, "at this rate, she'll never be where Maddie is!" I try not to cry but tears come down my cheeks. 

 I try to keep dancing. I finish my solo trying to hide my heavy breaths and my tears. "Your done for today! I can't stand you anymore! Get a drink and get Maddie." 

Right before I leave I hear the words "Ugh She is ridiculous, her mother needs to slap some sense into her by tomorrow's competition."

I run to my mother. "We need to go, mom." I say. I feel like she knows what happened before I say another word. 

"But Chlo, you have tap in 15 minutes and Matt will be mad if you miss another class." she says showing some concern in her voice.

"Fine, but promise me after tap we'll leave" I say crying. Behind Holly, Kelly, and Jill all sad for me, I see Melisa with a smile on her face. She knew Abby was being mean to me because she thought Maddie was better. 

This was her whole master plan, to make me live in the shadows of her star child Maddie. Heck, she cares so much about Maddie that she doesn't even pay attention to her other daughter Mackenzie, who was now practicing her solo, "The Party Starts Right Now."