Part 2: Mackenzie's Point of View

I jump as I hear Abby Scream at Chloe. "POINT YOUR FOOT!" She says louder than I've ever heard her scream before, and over a pointed foot? 

 Oh geez, I really hope Abby doesn't pick me next to practice my solo. In the den, Nia, Paige and I all look at each other. We all know what we are thinking, poor Chloe. Then my 'golden sister' Maddie, the favourite child of Abby, Melissa, and my step dad Greg, walks in the room. 

"Kenzie I told your not to wear your shimmer pink dance top with the black shorts today!" Maddie says in disgust. 

"If you want Ms. Abby to notice you and actually not mind being in the same room as you, you need to wear the Abby Lee Apparel." she says like a snob.

 "But this is my favorite dance wear combination." Maddie looked around to see Nia and Paige's dance wear. Paige was wearing a blue top with pink ruffles with blue shorts and Nia was wearing a lavender top with matching booty shorts. 

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe you guys, any of you, you're all so incredibly stupid! You all have so much to learn. No wonder why you aren't the golden child like me." She says with a smirk.

I just sigh, I'm used to Maddie's snarky comments by now.

Just then Chloe bursts through the room crying, her face as red as an apple. "Maddie, Ms. Abby wants you in for your solo." She says choking over her tears. 

"Oh Chloe, my solo is already perfect, Ms. Abby invited me to a private this morning. Kenzie, yours is far from perfect, you go practice with Abby." 

Just what I feared, Ms. Abby yelling at me, today was just fine until my sister showed up, now Ms. Abby will make it even worse. 

I hear crying outside, it must be Chloe, Abby must have really tortured her today. I knew today was Chloe's mom and dad's anniversary, I can't imagine why Christi, Chloe's mom, would want to be in this torture chamber on her 10th anniversary, watching her daughter cry.