Part 5: Chloe's Point of View

I was so exited about the whole 'not having to dance for Abby anymore' thing that I could barley focus on school. Uncle Matt said that he would call his studio, "Studio 19 Dance Complex." I cant wait to see either what Abby said or the new studio news. 

Then all of a sudden, "295" I heard from the back of the classroom. Maddie then gives me the: 'I'm the favourite and I'm better than you so back off.' look. To be honest, I don't really care. 

Maddie goes to my school too. Not only is my dancing compared to Maddie, but my smarts are to. It's really unfair, but I guess there is nothing I can do about it. 

"Correct again, Madison. Let's let someone who doesn't normally answer questions answer the next question, how about you Chloe?" Ms. Green says with an evil tone in her voice. 

I look up shocked. I answer questions all the time, why would she pick me? Because she wants me to get the question wrong so I can look bad.

My teacher doesn't really like me, in fact, she hates me. She corrects everything I did in the meanest way possible. "Chloe what is 345 divided by 3?" I think for about 6 seconds. "115" I say confidently. 

My teacher looks upset, I have an I.Q. of about 142. Maddie's I.Q. is 125. My teacher hates the fact that I'm smarter than her. I like to think of my teacher and Abby "tag-teaming" on putting me down. My mom says I just need to prove to Abby and Ms. Green that I'm stronger than them, so I will.

I look for Uncle Matt for about 15 minutes before I see him. "Hi uncle Matt, any news?" 

"Yep," he says. There is a long pause as Abby walks by, as soon as we're sure she's out of earshot, Matt starts again. "Studio 19 will be open in about 2 months." 

I jump for joy. I can't believe it, no more Abby, no more Maddie, well, I will be compared to Maddie at school but for the other half of my life I don't need to see her. 

"Really?!" I say literally jumping up and down.

 "Yes Chloe, and you will be my first student. Your tuition is on the house. Go tell your mother." I can't be anymore happy than I am right now. I give uncle Matt a big hug. 

"Thank you so much I can't wait!" I say with bubbles of excitement.

"Haha your welcome now go to your mom and tell her." He replies. I race up the stairs to the observation room.