Part 15: Chloe's Point of View

Studio 19 decided to wait a little bit longer before our next competition. It won't be for another month, but we already know half of the group dance. 

 The group dance is contemporary and it's called "Flying high". It is inspired by the musical "Wicked" and uses the song "defying gravity". The lead in this dance is Gabby, playing "Elphaba" and I will be playing "Galinda". 

 I kind of don't think it's fair that the other kids aren't getting a chance. I don't want to turn into the "Maddie" here, that would hurt so many people. 

We have 2 duets, a teen duet, with a girl named Anne and another girl named Kate. We also have a mini duet with Mackenzie and a girl named Ella. We haven't really worked on the duets that much, but for sure we'll start them tomorrow. 

I have a solo again this week called, "Undercover", it's a spy-themed dance. I've only done 1/2 of it, but I really like it. Mackenzie has a solo called, "Let me be your Star". It's lyrical, which is not really her strength, but she's doing a really good job.

It was a casual Thursday afternoon at dance, I was practicing my solo with Matt, when Gabby's mom, Danielle, runs into the room. 

"Matt! Look at this!" I freeze. "What is it?" Matt says. "It's the ALDC, they are saying horrible stuff about us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram." Danielle explains. Matt looks confused, "What are they saying?" he says kind of loudly. 

Danielle immediately pulls out her phone. "Look at this, 6 hours ago @abby_lee_miller tweeted 'Studio 19, a horrible studio where they cheat at all their competitions.'" I'm about to scream, "How dare they, there the ones that cheat!" I scream, I couldn't help it. 

Everyone looks over at me, I think they forgot I was there. After a long awkward silence Danielle says, "We need to fight fire with fire. We need to tweet mean things about them." 

Matt shakes his head, "I don't want to go down to her level. We'll just leave it alone and see what happens."