Part 20: Mackenzie's Point of View

---time skip to right before they give out the awards---

I can't thank Chloe enough for helping me get Jack's phone number.

He texted me and sent around 20,000 heart emojis and asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner sometime. I thought this was weird, because I'm only 7 years old and Jack is only 8 years old. But Jack is super cute so I told him I would.

When it was time for the awards, I was really nervous.

Jack had a solo against me and Maddie, Kendall, and Nia had solos against Chloe.

I felt really bad because Jack got second place to me, but he was really happy.

It was time for the Junior division solos. That was the category that Chloe was in.

Kendall got 4th place, Nia got 3rd place. It was time for the top 2. "And in 2nd place we have Chloe with 'Undercover.'"

Chloe, Maddie, Matt, Abby, and especially I, were all shocked. But Chloe happily walked up and accepted her award.

Then the MC said, "And in 1st place we have Maddie with 'Dancing through Life'"

Maddie jumped up and went to accept her award. After they bowed she gave Chloe a really dirty look and happily skipped away to her dressing room.

Once we got back to our dressing room we all went up to Matt right away saying things like, "that's not fair, Chloe should have won." or "do you want to check with the judges?"

Finally Matt speaks up, "If the judges made a mistake, they will be here shortly."

As if on queue, there was a knock at the door. It was the head judge, and he was here with Maddie.

After a long silence, the judge speaks up, "We apologize but there was a scoring mistake. Chloe's score was indeed higher then Maddie's so would you two" he looks at Maddie and Chloe, "please trade awards."

Chloe jumps up while Maddie slowly walks over to Chloe and they trade awards.

After the head judge left. Maddie turns to Chloe and says, "Whatever, I'll beat you next time." and walks away.