Part 6: Mackenzie's Point of View

My favourite dance teacher Matt announced that he was leaving today to create his own studio called "Studio 19" or something like that.  

Ugh, More than anything, I want to go to that studio to escape Abby and her favouritism towards Maddie.  I was really upset.  

During Acrobatics, I asked Matt about his new studio.  "I'm Planning for it so be much bigger than this studio.  All the teachers I hire are going to not favour any student over another and we would be kind to each and every student enrolled."  Now I wanted to go to that studio even more.  

I decided if I wanted to go to Studio 19, I would have to confess my feelings to Matt about this studio. 

"Um, Matt do you mind if I come to your studio?  I really don't like the ALDC.  Mostly because I'm always compared to Maddie and Abby really scares me.  I don't care whether I'm on a TV show, I just want to be treated fairly."  I said rather quickly.  

"Kenzie, that is the reason I'm opening my studio.  Chloe came to me the other day and told me that she was being compared to Maddie too much.  So, I told her that I would talk to Abby and if that fails, I would open Studio 19.  You are more than welcome to come.  In fact, I will go up to your mom right now and tell her I'm willing to enroll you at my studio for 1/2 the price and you will never be compared to Maddie ever again."  Matt said. 

 Wow, I was surprised.  I knew that my mom would never let me go, but it meant so much that someone cared about me.

At dinner my mother seemed furious.  "Um, mom.  What's the trouble?"  I squeak.  

"If you must know Mackenzie, Matt your dance teacher invited you to join his new studio, I refused, I would never betray Abby.  The only good thing coming out of this is that this is our last meal with you."  She says.  I was shocked.  

"What?" I said.  

She looks at me, "Mackenzie Frances Ziegler,"  she never calls me by my nickname. "Matt is adopting you so  can get you out of my life forever."  

I was upset that she thought of me this way,  but I am so glad I get to live with my favourite dance teacher, and get away from Maddie and always being compared to her.  This was the happiest day of my life.  

I couldn't wait to tell Chloe.